Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Rivera News

149 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, im as critical of Rivera as anyone on here but I have to defend him here. Our players are pussies of this is true. Rex Ryan and Bellicheck both do the same thing. I actually have a little more respect for Rivera if thats true, our players deserve it. Not all of them but a lot of them, boo hoo. They get paid millions and they complain about profanity? Really?

Here's the difference though (assuming the story is true)...Ryan and Bellicheck are always like that. They are rough in their public personas and rough behind closed doors.

One of the worst things a manager can do is be inconsistent. If Rivera is Mr. Good Guy when the cameras are around, and a raving maniac when they're off, that is not a formula for successful leadership.

However, no offense to the OP, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt until we know for sure.

Posted

Beason claims he respects that military style..

If NFL players cant handle it, now we know where that losing mentality comes from..

Posted

I still stand by my thought this team needed to be gutted and the "core" redefined when Fox left. Hurney pretty much drafted Cam and maintained the core was the same.

I think the entire team could of used a different vibe.

I hear ya. I just wish the coach and GM were on the same page on personnel decisions. The scary/terrible thing is that they probably were and the results have been a disaster so far.

Either way we can't change the past and now can only hope the future will be brighter by any means necessary.

Posted

Our best ST coach was run out of town because he wasn't sweet enough to the players.

This team needs a tenacious attitude and while I do support signing and drafting "nice guys" I do think this is the other side of that coin.

1 person likes this

Posted

so we've got some bitch ass players

fuging awesome

Posted

I still stand by my thought this team needed to be gutted and the "core" redefined when Fox left. Hurney pretty much drafted Cam and maintained the core was the same.

I think the entire team could of used a different vibe. Team overall has always come across to nice and soft. Smith excluded. D especially. OL as well.

Maybe Smith shouldn't be excluded based on the story Rozinski told the other day.

Posted

How does the adage go again?

Preach in public, criticize in private?

2 people like this

Posted

It's not that they can't take the cursing, it's that they're tired of it. We all know how bad tuning a coach out can be. Makes me think of Vernon Davis, Moss, or T.O. sitting on a bench paying no attention to the coach talking to them.

Posted

I'd be chewing some ass too. We've got a soft bunch of players. But Ruvera has to be sitting there going "Damn..." Take away Cam and he is In a horrible situation.

- Wants a BofA home field advantage- Negative

- wants guys to gt healthy and play- Negative

- Wants a vertical attack offense- Negative

- Wants to avoid testing depth early- Negative

- Wants the "process" to get better- Negative

3 people like this

Posted

If this is true, (regardless if players are being vaginas about it or not) then he's already losing this locker room... And that boys and girls is NOT a good thing at all. Even if one player in my opinion feels the way that the OP states.... This ain't good at all.

My opinion: you don't want to get cursed out, then do your fuggin job, and you don't get cursed out!

Posted

Marty's core group is the problem. They are old, well paid, injured, and soft.

7 people like this

Posted

It's not that they can't take the cursing, it's that they're tired of it. We all know how bad tuning a coach out can be. Makes me think of Vernon Davis, Moss, or T.O. sitting on a bench paying no attention to the coach talking to them.

two common denominators in Moss and TO... Vernon Davis is a bad example...