Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Rivera News

149 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I the only one who felt relief after reading this....I thought he was being to soft on the players!! Great news.

Posted

Rivera will soon get frustrated when he wants to cook a nice meal but can't shop for the groceries, and the guy who does the shopping would rather grow his own shitty crops in the backyard then buy the proven quality product at the store.

Damn, did I go deep into that analogy or what? It's like Inception, hope I can find my way out.

3 people like this

Posted

Marty's core group is the problem. They are old, well paid, injured, and soft.

I need a list of those players.

1 person likes this

Posted

OMG wow my high school coach used to cuss us out lol

Posted

I need a list of those players.

You will digest my broad sweeping remark and you will like it!

1 person likes this

Posted

So... I know I don't do this often, but you should know you can trust me. I was the one who told you Pep didn't "respect" the "coaches"... and he's no longer here. I was the one who first told you Otah would not be a Panther this year... and he is not. My family knows someone on the staff that talks to players daily. Since the players give their trust to this person, I will not name names. Hell, I shouldn't even make this thread. But screw it.

Anyway, this person gave someone in my family an interesting nuggest recently. They said that one of Rivera's approaches toward the players is going poorly. Why? According to the players themselves, Rivera chews them out with an insane amount of profanity all the time. And the players are starting to "tune him out". That ain't good, folks.

It looks like Rivera is doing things behind closed doors, while he's robotic on the field, but he can't seem to do it in a positive way yet.

Maybe Rivera needs to direct his profanity at Chud and McDerm as well. If the players are "tuning him out" it probably has more to do with lack of confidence in Rivera knowing how to win games than profanity. Losing creates complaining and dissension. Do all the players feel this way ?

Posted

You will digest my broad sweeping remark and you will like it!

Got 'em coach!

Posted

Sorry, I have a hard time believing that Rivera goes on profanity-laced tirades.

Posted

i don't

Posted

Am I the only one that finds it hard to believe Rivera chews out players?

Posted

A coach that cusses? Oh no!!

Posted

I call bullshit.