Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brooklyn Bully

Interesting Rivera News

148 posts in this topic

You will digest my broad sweeping remark and you will like it!

Got 'em coach!

Sorry, I have a hard time believing that Rivera goes on profanity-laced tirades.

Am I the only one that finds it hard to believe Rivera chews out players?

A coach that cusses? Oh no!!

Players are tuning him out because they are offended? ok..

Nope. Because it's getting old.

any solid sources telling u about future plans depending on the outcome of the season?(i.e: job security of Rivera and Hurney)

2:44 PM - 16 Oct 12 ·

image_normal.jpg

yes and a lot riding on the rest of this season

i posted this in another thread on the day of his story but i have a feeling what he is saying might be true if this all holds up..

It depends. From a coaching standpoint, not every player receives the same type of approach in the same way. You have to coach to the player in some cases. I know as a player, I didn't take well to direct cussing (such as "quit being a little bitch"), but the general "get the fug off the football and play like you want this poo" was never a problem. I knew guys who just didn't like it, but, they were soft as hell anyway. If Rivera is directly name-calling and poo, I see the player's side in that. That being said, they're adults, not high school or even college-aged kids. If you haven't learned and accepted that some people cuss and that is alright (there are no inherently "bad" words), you need to come to reality.

If true, I like that Rivera shows some emotion, if only behind closed doors. However, if true, I hope he is doing it appropriately. This is business, and he is the boss, but if he wants players' respect, he has to respect them. If he's cussing AT them, that's disrespectful. If he's cussing TO them, then they need to man up and get over it.