#136 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

This is not "news." This is one person's opinion. While it may be interesting, it is wrong to call this news.

#137 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

This is not "news." This is one person's opinion. While it may be interesting, it is wrong to call this news.

Agreed. Brooklyn Bully just posted this as a 'heard it through the grape vine' to get attention. He still hasn't responded back to explain exactly where he heard this from and how he knows it's legit.

Yet it's blown up to 10 pages.

#138 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

It still is (unless you can play). Case in point, Wilson, the LB we drafted last year. Had that happened to a starter, he would have taken his punishment and gone right back on the field. And all of us as fans would have rationalized it.

Character only counts if you're not playing well or if you play for some other team. :cool:

I wasn't talkin scrub draft picks...

#139 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

So... I know I don't do this often, but you should know you can trust me. I was the one who told you Pep didn't "respect" the "coaches"... and he's no longer here. I was the one who first told you Otah would not be a Panther this year... and he is not. My family knows someone on the staff that talks to players daily. Since the players give their trust to this person, I will not name names. Hell, I shouldn't even make this thread. But screw it.

Anyway, this person gave someone in my family an interesting nuggest recently. They said that one of Rivera's approaches toward the players is going poorly. Why? According to the players themselves, Rivera chews them out with an insane amount of profanity all the time. And the players are starting to "tune him out". That ain't good, folks.

It looks like Rivera is doing things behind closed doors, while he's robotic on the field, but he can't seem to do it in a positive way yet.

Profanity is nothing new in the NFL. But I still don't think that constant profanity is really that effective, either. Eventually players just tune out the noise like you said. Also, I think it's possible to be effective yelling without profanity. But from reading some other comments, I don't think the alleged profanity is ineffective because the players get hurt emotionally from getting chewed out. They get that treatment from opponents in each game. I think it's more the fact that if you keep coming back with the same approach - just yelling profanity at people - they realize you have nothing to offer beyond threats, and so the players won't listen to you.

#140 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,171 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Fact, is news.

#141 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

those poor millionaires got there feelings hurt cause coach was yelling at them. Boo Hoo. That is pathetic. My real concern with Riveria is time management,there is no one on staff with previous head coaching experience to help him and our players don't seem prepared.

#142 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,164 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

oh boy another 'source'

#143 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,171 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

Search is your friend, curious ones.

#144 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Maybe the statue should keep his godd*amn mouth shut like a good little puppet.

I doubt the players have much confidence in a coach who is half retarded and doesn't have a clue on clock management.

My 10 year old cousin playing madden has better clock management than that fuging clown.

#145 JB82887

JB82887

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJohnston Rd

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

I think he should make sure to put his fingerprint on that defense before this^^^

#146 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Agreed. Brooklyn Bully just posted this as a 'heard it through the grape vine' to get attention. He still hasn't responded back to explain exactly where he heard this from and how he knows it's legit.

Yet it's blown up to 10 pages.

Well he did that....he said he has a family member who is friends with someone on staff.

#147 JB82887

JB82887

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJohnston Rd

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Perhaps his capacity to process information has something to do with why he was turned down a few times before taking this job? If we didn't make some boneheaded moves in-game and in the offseason, we would have been on the brink of the playoffs. Jettisoning John Kasay because he was old and couldnt kick the ball off deep makes no sense when you bring in an equally old kicker--and need to bring in competition due to poor performance. We used two roster spots on kickers bc Kasay couldnt kick deep kickoffs, yet we got Mare who sucked so bad (cost us a game or two) we brought in competition in-season last year. There was a game (forget which one) last year where we iced the kicker, who proceeded to miss the first attempt only to get another chance at the game winning field goal.

#148 JB82887

JB82887

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJohnston Rd

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I wasnt to wash my hands of Hurnia

#149 JB82887

JB82887

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJohnston Rd

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

want*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.