Photo
- - - - -

I'm an independent moderate - convince me to vote for obama or romney.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#16 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,509 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

While maintaining intellectual honesty, I can't convince you to vote for either of them.

As much as I want my vote to be "relevant", I can't even convince myself.

#17 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

I'm voting for Romney
I am terrified of Obama's policies.
His spending (worse that that newb Bush2) and belief that punishing success = more success are against what I believe.
Romney being tied in with the religious right is worrisome, but no more than any other politician tied to a large activist group.
Finally I have much much much more faith in Romney's ability to help the economy vs Obama's track record.

#18 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Independent here also.

Do I want Cheney, Rove, and Bush back in the halls of power again? No. They still haven't answered for the mess they created and are much too close to Romney for me to be comfortable with. If Mitt was totally from another crew I'd give him a shot but not if your with the same gang like he is. His company will have a big influence on his policy, not necessarily what is coming out of his mouth, I hope people understand that.

No Obama didn't have the economy humming like we would all like it to be but the guy did pull us out of a nosedive with very little help if any from the other side, amazing if you ask me.

Romney foreign policy scares the bejesus out of me. You don't know what it is because he never tells you the same thing and the old guard is once again too close to him. Afghanistan broke Russia to the point of collapse. Iraq did the same to us. Why would I want a double dose having not recovered from a potential death blow?

I'm not stupid enough to get back with the old girlfriend that screwed me over, stole my money, and set fire to my family home.

#19 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

4 trillion in debt added, disastrous foreign policy, failed economic policies ( stimulus, qe 1,2,3 -- Hey lets just print more money guys!) failed energy policy, failed (i.e nonexistent) immigration policy, bungled health care reform, chronically high unemployment, the list goes on. You could vote for a trained monkey in a suit who could do a better job. So the answer is clearly anybody but Obama. And if you want to actually have a vote that matters instead of just salving your conscience, my vote would land with Romney.

#20 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

that's surprising because you definitely strike me as the constitution party type

When are you going to realize that every one if your silly stereotypes about me have been wrong and it's generally not a good idea to pretend you know anything about people over the Internet?

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

All economic indicators are on an upward trend.

/Thread

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Independent here also.

Do I want Cheney, Rove, and Bush back in the halls of power again? No.

Are you under the impression that Romney's owners are different than the Bush gang's owners?

Romney has already said he is putting 2 trillion into the military. Cha Ching! Defense contractors rejoice.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

4 trillion in debt added, disastrous foreign policy, failed economic policies ( stimulus, qe 1,2,3 -- Hey lets just print more money guys!) failed energy policy, failed (i.e nonexistent) immigration policy, bungled health care reform, chronically high unemployment, the list goes on. You could vote for a trained monkey in a suit who could do a better job. So the answer is clearly anybody but Obama. And if you want to actually have a vote that matters instead of just salving your conscience, my vote would land with Romney.

Actually, well over 5 trillion, but who's counting

#24 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

In the last 4 years I have been laid off 3x, and my wife twice, my house was foreclosed on and my insurance rates have quadroupled... For me to say that the economy is the most important issue of this election for me is a drastic understatement...

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

In the last 4 years I have been laid off 3x, and my wife twice, my house was foreclosed on and my insurance rates have quadroupled... For me to say that the economy is the most important issue of this election for me is a drastic understatement...

So you are voting Obama then?

#26 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

So you are voting Obama then?

To be fair, an Obama policy did keep us from LOSING our house

#27 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Pretty good article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution..

http://blogs.ajc.com...deral-spending/

So, to get bring us back to where we started:
Spending growth of 9.6 percent makes you a great conservative hero.
Spending growth of 9.9 percent makes you a great conservative villain.
And spending growth of 16.5 percent, combined with large tax cuts, makes you a recent two-term president whom nobody in your party wants to mention, and sets your country on a financially dangerous glide path.

#28 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Romney has made it very clear, when he thought no one was recording, on what he thinks of the middle class. Of course, thats not his public face, Thats no way to win an election. You win elections as a Republican by talking people into voting against their very own interests.

I honestly don't blame Romney for not giving two flips about the middle and lower class though. Its hard to care about something you cannot relate to in the slightest.

#29 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Are you under the impression that Romney's owners are different than the Bush gang's owners?

Romney has already said he is putting 2 trillion into the military. Cha Ching! Defense contractors rejoice.

We know they are the one in the same. Those guys names aren't on front street though, for good reason I'm sure.

#30 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Not trying to convince you of anything but how can you blame the economy on Obama? That doesn't make sense unless you were born 3yrs ago.

The guy is trying to clean a very big mess while keeping the ship afloat with no help from the other side only games.

Anybody but is only one guy. A guy who has very many skeletons and is very shaky on all matters. Never has a stance because it is always shifting and couldn't beat John McCain for a reason.

If only Ron Paul was 20-30yrs younger...

Your "anybody but" has a lot of unanswered questions. Those secrets could prove to be very damaging to the nation. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.