#46 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Seems like this season has been snakebitten since the start

this is a re-occurring theme with this team. the falcons lost grimes for the season and arent having any problems. hurney is garbage. we could have not spent 80 million on running backs that we don't even use and picked up some corners and safeties in free agency.

#47 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

hurney needs to be on that phone right now trying to get someone to come in...preferably via trade.

unless he's delusional enough to think we're ok enough with who we got here.

meh...it's hurney. we're pretty well screwed.

Please God, no! No trades please!

#48 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Phew... I thought he might have a torn labia... torn labrum, no biggie...

that took longer than i expected.

#49 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,816 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Great, more excuses for the coaching staff to fall back on.

No way to spin it this time. They could have bolstered the CB group this year but just ignored it.

#50 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

this is a re-occurring theme with this team. the falcons lost grimes for the season and arent having any problems. hurney is garbage. we could have not spent 80 million on running backs that we don't even use and picked up some corners and safeties in free agency.

We just lost Gamble this week. Who is to say that we will be having problems.

Let's wait and see whether the secondary sucks to make this call.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Do you really trust Hurney to make a trade and us not get screwed? Especially when the other teams know we're desperate?

the whole quote should provide you with my answer...

hurney needs to be on that phone right now trying to get someone to come in...preferably via trade.

#52 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I don't know what our record will be to finish the season, but what happens after will either confirm or dismiss my suspicion. I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I honestly wonder if the goal of Hurney and possibly JR this season was to get only what is given by this team and get another high draft pick. The lack of free agent acquisitions, with the exception of Dwan Edwards who was brought in due to the giant gaping hole in the middle of our defense, coupled with putting players on IR for the smallest injury makes me wonder. Basically what I'm getting at is if we go worse than 3-4 wins and JR keeps Hurney, then either I'm correct in my conspiracy or Hurney has the job for life. If he gets fired then it proves just how inept he was at putting together an NFL roster.

#53 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,366 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

a torn labrum can be very serious and can take a long time to heal, depending on the degree of the tear. there's no telling how bad ed reed's tear is as compared to gamble's. i would like to see any of you function with a torn labrum before you ever call someone soft.

Yeah, idk about a labrum but I tore my rotator cuff and there were some movements that my arm literally just would not do... it physically couldn't move in certain ways... so like you said depends on the location and severity of the labrum tear as to what he can and can't do. I don't know Gamble, so I don't wanna say he's soft... so I'm gonna assume that he's working with the trainers and doctors and doing what's best for it.

#54 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Please God, no! No trades please!

trade for a draft pick after the 2nd round is about as much as i would do and only prefer trade because you're likely to get better quality.

i just don't trust hurney to do it right or even try to address it....even though it probably means his job is on the line.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I don't know what our record will be to finish the season, but what happens after will either confirm or dismiss my suspicion. I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I honestly wonder if the goal of Hurney and possibly JR this season was to get only what is given by this team and get another high draft pick. The lack of free agent acquisitions, with the exception of Dwan Edwards who was brought in due to the giant gaping hole in the middle of our defense, coupled with putting players on IR for the smallest injury makes me wonder. Basically what I'm getting at is if we go worse than 3-4 wins and JR keeps Hurney, then either I'm correct in my conspiracy or Hurney has the job for life. If he gets fired then it proves just how inept he was at putting together an NFL roster.

sorry. not going to buy that at all.

just isn't going to happen and won't without some monumental backlash from fans and probably his players and even the coaching staff. losing does no one with a job any favors at all and mailing it in is the best way to lose your team.

#56 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,501 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Do you know what this means?

contract extension

#57 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Depends on the degree of the tear. I had a "slightly" torn labrum and played on it for 6 weeks, at linebacker. I just tackled on the other shoulder. That being said, it was my right shoulder, and I'm right-side dominant. So, in pass defense, I had to break myself from using my right arm. Gamble could probably tough it out, he has good body control. No reason he can't adjust. He just can't afford to get whooped.

#58 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

contract extension

Ironically, Gamble is one of the prime candidates for an extension this offseason. Him and Gross are the two most likely. Between the two of them, they will account for nearly $23 million in cap space next year.

Let that number sink in a little bit.

#59 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

contract extension

worth billions!

#60 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

So when we get a top 2 pick in the draft. What could we possibly get in a trade for a team wanting Geno Smith? I say 2 firsts and 2 2nd rounders and maybe get the third rounder back we gave up for Joe Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com