#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

He is the best defensive player available right now and may be a top 3 pick.You cannot overlook him if we end up sucking that bad.to be in a position to draft him.

i think you can, if he does not fit your scheme. he is a 3-4 OLB whose best attribute is getting after the QB. if this team is switching to a 3-4 than i could see and like the pick, but also remember this was a down fault to Hurney. to much invested in the LBs and RBs but yet some are still claiming for another LB.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,386 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

i think you can, if he does not fit your scheme. he is a 3-4 OLB whose best attribute is getting after the QB. if this team is switching to a 3-4 than i could see and like the pick, but also remember this was a down fault to Hurney. to much invested in the LBs and RBs but yet some are still claiming for another LB.

We're claiming for a "pass rusher" and a BPA that could instantly improve the defense. We're not claiming for another LB. We need players that can play on this team, and if Jones is one of them why not? Just saying though, but "Star" is my pick for next year.

#18 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

We're claiming for a "pass rusher" and a BPA that could instantly improve the defense. We're not claiming for another LB. We need players that can play on this team, and if Jones is one of them why not? Just saying though, but "Star" is my pick for next year.

and how many times is a 4-3 LB going to be a pass rusher? we need players that can play but again this is why our roster looks the way it does. to many holes on this roster to draft another LB to play in a 4-3.

#19 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yea, I couldn't get behind the selection of Jones unless we were switching to a 3-4. ANOTHER FREAKING LB would kill me. We need players at every spot EXCEPT LB and possibly DE (unless there was a really special player who also fit in a 4-3...) and there's too many good DTs to think about drafting another LB...

#20 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do some fans still not understand that certain players like Jarvis Jones would not fit into our 4-3 defense?

Give me Sam Montgomery.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,386 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

and how many times is a 4-3 LB going to be a pass rusher? we need players that can play but again this is why our roster looks the way it does. to many holes on this roster to draft another LB to play in a 4-3.

yea I get what you're saying. And like I said, I rather have Star Lotulelei.
Im just saying if Jones is there as BPA, I wouldnt be mad if we took him.

#22 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,610 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

If he is the next Von Miller who also plays in a 4-3 you have to look hard at him.Star looks pretty good but is not the playmaker as Jones.I would see Jones playing DE on passing downs much like Denver uses Miller.I agree that another lb is not ideal but if he is that once a decade pass rusher you have to take a look.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,386 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

If he is the next Von Miller who also plays in a 4-3 you have to look hard at him.Star looks pretty good but is not the playmaker as Jones.I would see Jones playing DE on passing downs much like Denver uses Miller.I agree that another lb is not ideal but if he is that once a decade pass rusher you have to take a look.

Yup. If Irvin can rush off the edge as a DE in Seattle system , Jones can too. I'm not ruling off anyone right now just bc we have too many players at a certain position.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

If TD doesn't last this season or Beason leaves then I'd have no problem with the pick. Use him like Fox does Miller in their 43.

However, as an "inside out" guy I believe DT would serve us better, especially if they're rated that closely together.

#25 USMC Carolina Fan

USMC Carolina Fan

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPerris Island

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Sorry guys but I think he will go Number 1

#26 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I hope he does go number 1. Pushes QBs down and gives us a better chance of a trade down. If he goes #1 and two QBs #2 and 3, that's 3 players in a row we don't need , at the very least pushing down players to our spot we do need.

#27 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

KC looks like a lock for top pick, no way they don't take Barkley.

#28 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Yeah if KC or the Jags get the first pick a QB will be taken.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,386 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

KC looks like a lock for top pick, no way they don't take Barkley.

Or Geno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com