28 replies to this topic

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

I guess he would fit the BPA mold if he's available....I'd like the FO for once to address some needs with free agency so we don't have to completely build through the draft....like people you mentioned in other threads....Sean smith, Randy Starks, Alan branch, Henry Melton....dont know any safeties available

Yeah I think players like Melton, Branch, Starks (DT) and Sean Smith, Antoine Cason (CB) should be affordable who wouldn't brake the bank.

The top 2 Safties going into FA are Golshon and Kenny Phillips (SS) who I think could be a FS or maybe we could move Godfrey back to FS. Only thing is we may not be able to afford them. Who we could possibly afford is Patrick Chung, but gah damn do Chung suck. He's one of the main reason why Pats D sucks so bad.

I hated the idea of trading Beason but now if we could find someone to just give us a 3rd and save us some caps, it'd be awesome. It'll leave us with a lot of room to work with in FA.

What I hate, is how cheap we've been in FA in the past few years. Passed up on players like Carlos Rogers in two straight years and Red Bryant this year. I'd like for us to even look at the possibility of bringing in Freeney next year.

#12 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

If we switch to the 3-4 full time, then it's a solid pick. I am not sure he'd be best utilized if we are sticking with a 4-3 base.

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

If we switch to the 3-4 full time, then it's a solid pick. I am not sure he'd be best utilized if we are sticking with a 4-3 base.

Like is mentioned above if Miller and Bruce Irvin can thrive in a 43, Jones has a legit shot at being an impact player in a 43 also.

Cleveland is a 43 D team that a lot of people sees having a real shot at taking Jones.

#14 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Bruce is used mostly as a DE or pass rusher.if we were going full time 3-4 than yes im for it, but if staying in a 4-3 than i really cannot see it.you are not building thru the draft if you keep addressing the same position in the 1st round.

#15 jarhead

jarhead

• Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

He is the best defensive player available right now and may be a top 3 pick.You cannot overlook him if we end up sucking that bad.to be in a position to draft him.

#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

He is the best defensive player available right now and may be a top 3 pick.You cannot overlook him if we end up sucking that bad.to be in a position to draft him.

i think you can, if he does not fit your scheme. he is a 3-4 OLB whose best attribute is getting after the QB. if this team is switching to a 3-4 than i could see and like the pick, but also remember this was a down fault to Hurney. to much invested in the LBs and RBs but yet some are still claiming for another LB.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

i think you can, if he does not fit your scheme. he is a 3-4 OLB whose best attribute is getting after the QB. if this team is switching to a 3-4 than i could see and like the pick, but also remember this was a down fault to Hurney. to much invested in the LBs and RBs but yet some are still claiming for another LB.

We're claiming for a "pass rusher" and a BPA that could instantly improve the defense. We're not claiming for another LB. We need players that can play on this team, and if Jones is one of them why not? Just saying though, but "Star" is my pick for next year.

#18 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

We're claiming for a "pass rusher" and a BPA that could instantly improve the defense. We're not claiming for another LB. We need players that can play on this team, and if Jones is one of them why not? Just saying though, but "Star" is my pick for next year.

and how many times is a 4-3 LB going to be a pass rusher? we need players that can play but again this is why our roster looks the way it does. to many holes on this roster to draft another LB to play in a 4-3.

#19 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yea, I couldn't get behind the selection of Jones unless we were switching to a 3-4. ANOTHER FREAKING LB would kill me. We need players at every spot EXCEPT LB and possibly DE (unless there was a really special player who also fit in a 4-3...) and there's too many good DTs to think about drafting another LB...

#20 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do some fans still not understand that certain players like Jarvis Jones would not fit into our 4-3 defense?

Give me Sam Montgomery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users