Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frash.exe

Panthers' Defensive Line Rushing the QB Like Gangbusters

Kuech the Sneak    1,187

30th against the run....ouch. I thought our pass rush has been good this year. There have been alot of plays where we've gotten good pressure and passes are still easily completed. Some games I find myself sitting there thinking to myself "were just severely lacking talent in the back 4"

KillerKat    10,935

This can't be true. I have been told over and over on here that it doesn't matter who is in our defensive backfield as long as we have a good pass rush.

• Pie 3

jarhead    1,031

It means we are getting after the passer at the expense of giving up yards in the run

rayzor    10,289

pass rush is nice, but where are the runs coming from? are they taking it up the gut or is it off the edge?

Doc Holiday    2,071

Sorry did something change since the Seahawks game? I didn't realize we were looking for a new HC and GM yet

• Pie 1

Navy_football    944

This can't be true. I have been told over and over on here that it doesn't matter who is in our defensive backfield as long as we have a good pass rush.

I think it has a lot to do with the 7 yard off the WR and bailing at the snap technique our corners use.

CRA    12,164

Pass rush is a bright spot...but LoL at anyone who thinks there will be a coaching change.

Well that is realistic IMO based on what happens over the next 11.

Coaching was bad last year. The simple things like clock management. Bad thus far this year....simple things again.

2 full seasons of poor clock management and Rivera failing in the basic things in game and being afraid to get a yard on the road to beat the "best" team in the NFL? His job wouldn't be safe.....

Coaches get time. You don't have to go to the Superbowl like Fox year 2......but you can't struggle or 2 yrs with some of what Rivera is.

La Pantera    982

Well that is realistic IMO based on what happens over the next 11.

Coaching was bad last year. The simple things like clock management. Bad thus far this year....simple things again.

2 full seasons of poor clock management and Rivera failing in the basic things in game and being afraid to get a yard on the road to beat the "best" team in the NFL? His job wouldn't be safe.....

Coaches get time. You don't have to go to the Superbowl like Fox year 2......but you can't struggle or 2 yrs with some of what Rivera is.

Can it happen? Yes. Will it happen? I wouldn't hold my breath! I think Rivera will get another year no matter what. I think Ronald McCdoormatt will get the boot.