<

Photo
- - - - -

Panthers' Defensive Line Rushing the QB Like Gangbusters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#16 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Can it happen? Yes. Will it happen? I wouldn't hold my breath! I think Rivera will get another year no matter what. I think Ronald McCdoormatt will get the boot.

Chud has been worse than McD. So that is silly logic. Talent factored in....McD has done okay. Chud has been pathetic.

#17 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Chud has been worse than McD. So that is silly logic. Talent factored in....McD has done okay. Chud has been pathetic.

I didn't say Chud has been better. I just believe McD will be the fall guy. Chud put together a top 5 offense last year (this one not so much), but McD hasn't had a top 15 D to date. He will be the fall guy Rivera will get another year. And id bet that even if Rivera struggles next year they'll let him finish the season before sending him packing.

#18 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I didn't say Chud has been better. I just believe McD will be the fall guy. Chud put together a top 5 offense last year (this one not so much), but McD hasn't had a top 15 D to date. He will be the fall guy Rivera will get another year. And id bet that even if Rivera struggles next year they'll let him finish the season before sending him packing.

I still say if we go 4-12 or worse, Rivera is gone. When you regress across the board like we have, and only win 4 games in a year almost every analyst predicted we would go 9-7 or better, and finish with 4 or less wins, the coach has to go.

#19 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

now we just draft Star Lotuleieieielelie or whatever and our defense is darn good.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

now we just draft Star Lotuleieieielelie or whatever and our defense is darn good.

or the best CB and FS in the draft and be able to take advantage pf the pressure on the QB.

#21 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Even with this said, i still wouldnt be opposed to taken another pass rusher especially in this draft . You can never have enough pass rushers, the Giants format has worked well for them. We could go young in the secondary but we could also use some experience to in free agency and just stack the hell out the D line. CJ, Frank, Edwards, Top 10 pick DE would be pretty scary.

#22 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

or the best CB and FS in the draft and be able to take advantage pf the pressure on the QB.

Even with this said, i still wouldnt be opposed to taken another pass rusher especially in this draft . You can never have enough pass rushers, the Giants format has worked well for them. We could go young in the secondary but we could also use some experience to in free agency and just stack the hell out the D line. CJ, Frank, Edwards, Top 10 pick DE would be pretty scary.

As much as I'd like to see another stud WR on offense, you guys are right, we've got to go D. A top quality safety or CB would probably be my first choice, but yeah, a monster added to the D line is a legit choice.

I've watched Seattle 3 times this year, and I really admire their D. They have size and talent all over the place, and it's that D that helps their O to survive. Give our offense a Seattle-like D, and I don't think even Chud and Ron could screw that up.

#23 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

We're most likely stuck with our bottom tier coach staring into the middle distance for at least another season. It sucks, but try to get used to it.

#24 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

i would agree that the coaching has been sub par at best, but yeah, knowing how things work around here, Rivera will be given at LEAST another year, no matter how bad we finish. Chud, on the other hand, needs to be handed a one way ticket to wherever he came from....Year 1 was exciting and good but this year has been nothing but ego and epic fail.

#25 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hurney doesn't draft for team needs so, I wouldn't hold my breath that he'll find a CB or FS for next year.

#26 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Missed tackles.
LB's who haven't played football for almost a year getting back into the groove.
Inconsistent DT play with a poor rotation.

#27 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Sorry did something change since the Seahawks game? I didn't realize we were looking for a new HC and GM yet

If you actually watched the Seahawks game it should be something you're rooting for