• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ech1997

ech1997

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I saw this in the Carolina Observer. I thought you guys would appreciate this. SUCH a talent...SUCH a good guy as I understood...SUCH a tragedy that he's gone so soon.

http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=rss

#2 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I pray to Sam Mills before every game, RIP.

#3 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

The guy was fierce, afraid of nothing and woud not stand for the moping that goes on during our losses. We can talk about how great someone on this team is, but Sam Mills will NEVER be replaced....

#4 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

At least dead he can still tackle, gosh our defense is awful. Keek is the future at MLB for sure though.

#5 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hell of a dude. RIP

#6 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Carolina has had 1 winning season since the placement of that statue. Just saying.

#7 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

The other part of the "Keep Pounding" line used the next year is "Never Forget". I have a black hat I bought at the stadium with Never Forget stitched in blue and the numbers 51 & 58 on it. I think of Sam and Mark every time I look at it, almost daily. I remember that first win, Sam's interception. With Death Valley being much smaller than BoA Stadium we were very close to the field on the Panther's bench side. I could see the look of surprise on Sam's face when Brister seemed to throw it right to him. lol

He is an upstanding, good example of what being a good human being is all about. As things get tough (and yes it will get worse before getting better, it always does) if the players and coaches and FO and the fans reflect on the legacy that Sam Mills left us, we will be a better group of people for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sam mills, death, cancer, Panthers, Saints, NFC South, NFC West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.