Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

NCSU-UNC

264 posts in this topic

HOW SWEET IT IS

BRB guys gotta run to Wal Mart before the rest of the toothless, uneducated Carolina fans buy up all the UNC seat covers.

cannot stop watching this

Gw6zf.gif

Looking back at my post, well how about that, I was right.

Side note though, great game. State let it slip away, but Carolina did what it took to win and kudos to them. Gio is such a damn stud, if only he played for State. Glad I was able to attend the game, and only had 1 idiot try to fight me. (The UNC fans around me went off on him for his idiocy). Hell, Kenan even got loud in the 4th quarter, I'm still shocked. Overall, great game, great day, see you in basketball season.

3 people like this

Fedora definitely has something about him that alums and fans can rally around. He brings excitement, I guess because he's a pretty fiery guy.

Gio is awesome. I wish we could get 10 years of eligibility out of him, lol.

In fairness to you guys, I can't believe how many drops you guys had. Could've been a very different game if your guys didn't have a case of butterfingers.

But, we took advantage of the opportunities when they presented themselves. Just an awesome ending though.

I had the good fortune of attending this game. The punt return was right in front of us and it was one of the best live in-person sports moments of my life. Gio is an absolute stud.

To the guy that said Duke is a bigger rival than State in football....FAIL.

To the guy who wants to know if its the nail in Obrien's coffin? It certainly didn't help. I said it a few weeks ago on here that Yow's vision for us in all sports is at least top 25 and to be competing for championships. Obrien has finished top 25 once I believe (last year) and has competed for an ACC championship zero times. So, according to Yow's criteria TOB isn't a safe coach right now. If we win out and go 9-3 and win an elite bowl then I'd say he's safe.

But we have Clemson in Death Valley (which will most likely be an L) so our record is most likely going to be 8-4 now.

Therefore...not nail in the coffin but IMO there is definitely a shovel ready to dig a grave. The FSU win was great...but in college football...in winnable ACC...with a QB who COULD be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick you can't go 8-4 and expect to just keep on rolling with one good win each year.

I think if we lose to anyone this year not named clempsum TOB is gone

if that doesn't happen he stays, much to my dismay

To the guy that said Duke is a bigger rival than State in football....FAIL.

To the guy who wants to know if its the nail in Obrien's coffin? It certainly didn't help. I said it a few weeks ago on here that Yow's vision for us in all sports is at least top 25 and to be competing for championships. Obrien has finished top 25 once I believe (last year) and has competed for an ACC championship zero times. So, according to Yow's criteria TOB isn't a safe coach right now. If we win out and go 9-3 and win an elite bowl then I'd say he's safe.

But we have Clemson in Death Valley (which will most likely be an L) so our record is most likely going to be 8-4 now.

Therefore...not nail in the coffin but IMO there is definitely a shovel ready to dig a grave. The FSU win was great...but in college football...in winnable ACC...with a QB who COULD be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick you can't go 8-4 and expect to just keep on rolling with one good win each year.

Never specified "football". I'm just saying, without specifying a sport, if asked the question, "who is UNC's rival?" the answer 10 times out of 10 is "Duke". That's my point. In football, sure, the competitive fire is higher for NCSU, due to the past 5 years and how those games went. I can concede that. Still hate Duke more and it still hurts more to lose to Duke once in football than it did losing to State 5 years in a row.

Would any other unc fans like to chime in here?

Preferably alumni: would you rather lose to ncstate in football for five straight years, or lose one game to duke?

I'm just curious if others feel this way.

Because if you feel this way, I'd like to mention that often times state fans like myself are accused of "cheering against carolina more than cheering for state"

And well... if you are like lightsout, you hate duke more than you actually like carolina which is pretty sad tbh

There's no way in hell I would have been this excited even if we HAD beat a good Duke team in Durham last week. I wanted this, I NEEDED this after the last few years. State is definitely our biggest rival in football.

If you guys had beaten us AGAIN I literally would have burned down the stadium.