• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

https://www.google.c...n&client=safari

nuff said

keep telling yourselves otherwise though

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=608

Same result, but it's obvious Duke is the bigger basketball rival. So what truth is Google supposed to be telling us again?

The most competitive football rivalry is UNC/Duke. But the overall school to school rivalry of UNC/Duke is much larger.

#242 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'm sure State fans will be working hard to unearth more academic fraud now since they can't beat us legitimately.

Can't wait to see what the State fans at maledocking.org or fatfarmhandfetish.com dig up.

#243 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=carolina%27s+biggest+football+rival&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&sclient=psy-ab&q=carolinas+biggest+basketball+rival&oq=carolinas+biggest+basketball+rival&gs_l=serp.3...7724.9393.1.9690.11.11.0.0.0.10.647.5400.4-4j6.10.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.8glT2fEORTI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=80ef5323c76d6b79&bpcl=35466521&biw=1280&bih=608

Same result, but it's obvious Duke is the bigger basketball rival. So what truth is Google supposed to be telling us again?

I never said otherwise. The fact you probably spent hours trying to type in a query where Duke would show up first and still came up with jack sh*t further proves my point.

The most competitive football rivalry is UNC/Duke.

What led you to this conclusion all the sudden? Winning two games in twenty years yeah that's real competitive brah.

But the overall school to school rivalry of UNC/Duke is much larger.

Whatever this means. The only two sports that generate revenue are basketball and football. Idgaf who your biggest rival in women's soccer is.

But like I said, you only say you're "overall rivals" because of basketball. You only watch basketball and don't care about anything else. You only care about basketball because you've actually had success (national championships and whatnot). They are not the same powerhouse in football. Out of pure laziness you say Duke is a football rival because the Bball rivalry has spilled over into other sports where the teams aren't even competitive.

Keep telling yourself differently, tho.

#244 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Sweet ending to that game

#245 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,742 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

It is true to an extent. I wouldn't say that, but I'd much rather lose to State than Duke in any sport, and 9/10 sports fans on campus would agree with me. Duke is our rival, school to school, not just basketball team to basketball team. It goes down to everything and extends far beyond sports.

State is definitely the #2 rival, but the two aren't even close.

I read this as "I'm 19"

#246 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

I read this as "I'm 19"

Oh god he's actually 18 no wonder.

God people born in 1994 are are legally adults.

#things that make me feel old

#247 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,303 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I'd say you could learn a lot about class from an 11 year old

say it all you want

#248 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

While I agree that State is our biggest rival in football, I don't see why you guys care if some people think Duke is.

Like if a State fan told me he/she considered college algebra, verb conjugation, or even salads to be their biggest rivals I wouldn't really care.

#249 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

I never said otherwise. The fact you probably spent hours trying to type in a query where Duke would show up first and still came up with jack sh*t further proves my point.

What led you to this conclusion all the sudden? Winning two games in twenty years yeah that's real competitive brah.

Whatever this means. The only two sports that generate revenue are basketball and football. Idgaf who your biggest rival in women's soccer is.

But like I said, you only say you're "overall rivals" because of basketball. You only watch basketball and don't care about anything else. You only care about basketball because you've actually had success (national championships and whatnot). They are not the same powerhouse in football. Out of pure laziness you say Duke is a football rival because the Bball rivalry has spilled over into other sports where the teams aren't even competitive.

Keep telling yourself differently, tho.

I meant to say UNC/State for football, just f*cked it up.

And I wasn't talking about other sports. Our schools don't like each other in general. We're 8 miles apart. Literally a 5 minute drive. I did 2 years at UNCW and didn't think the huge Duke/UNC rivalry really extended beyond basketball either, but your perspective changes as a UNC/Duke student.

Professors constantly talk sh*t about Duke THE SCHOOL, not Duke's basketball program. At every sporting event, whether basketball, football, soccer, etc, we sing the words "GO TO HELL DUKE".

We compete academically with Duke too, since we're two of the top schools in the nation. It's a school to school rivalry that the rest of the nation sees amplified come basketball season.

#250 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

I read this as "I'm 19"

I'm young, forgive me. I live fast die a legend.

#251 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,742 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

While I agree that State is our biggest rival in football, I don't see why you guys care if some people think Duke is.

Like if a State fan told me he/she considered college algebra, verb conjugation, or even salads to be their biggest rivals I wouldn't really care.

State fan or UNC Student Athlete?

#252 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

That's a dumb joke.

I'm sure most of our players eat salads.

#253 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

State fan or UNC Student Athlete?

Panthro doesn't say much but when he does............

#254 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

This is dumb. Duke and State are both rivals, Duke has the Victory Bell...State has the "State". Who cares who is bigger? We're so used to seeing the Tar Heels whoop Duke in Football that like it or not, State became "The Rivalry" on the gridiron. Just like in basketball, we're used to see the Tar Heels whoop State in Basketball that Duke easily became the biggest rivalry in college basketball.

BTW..

WOOOOOOO!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GIO!!!!!

#255 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

was at game. was awesome. haven't read thread, but state has owned UNC for awhile, felt good to nab one from them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com