Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Observations at the stadium?

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For those that went.

How was it today?

% of cowboy fans?

Fights?

Posted · Report post

In my opinion the fans were worse than the team.Cowboy fans were making more noise than the Panther fans.Fans have to do their part too.There we sooo many empty seats that it was embarrassing.

Posted · Report post

there were probably a lot of empty seats because the scalpers scooped em all up hoping to make a big profit. hope they lost a good amount of money.

Posted · Report post

I was there. Seemed like 50% Dallas fans, although I'm sure it wasn't. They were loud, but less obnoxious than Giants fans, but I guess that's because the game was closer. The walk down the ramps was brutal though. Once they won, they were as loud as annoying as you would imagine.

Posted · Report post

You really couldn't tell sometimes who made a good play because Dallas fans were as loud as us on pivotal plays. Not many Dallas fans in my section (128) caused trouble except one fuging pos in the next section over who kept standing on his seat and/or dancing when the Cowboys would advance the ball at least a yard. Mega, mega douche. Born and raised in Texas, I'm sure.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lomez' timestamp='1350856342' post='1954113']
You really couldn't tell sometimes who made a good play because Dallas fans were as loud as us on pivotal plays. Not many Dallas fans in my section (128) caused trouble except one fuging pos in the next section over who kept standing on his seat and/or dancing when the Cowboys would advance the ball at least a yard. Mega, mega douche. Born and raised in Texas, I'm sure.
[/quote]
that faggot was in my section(127)a couple rows in front of me.

Posted · Report post

I noticed that on tv the arena was louder for the Cowboys than they were for the Panthers. That's just embarrassing.

Posted · Report post

Our section was surprisingly not oversold to Dallas fans. There were a handful, but polite and not overly obnoxious on big plays (save for this one guy 2 rows behind me - but he was really drunk).

Didn't see a fight. A lot of fans down by the goal line booed the security guy on the field when they were forced to give a football back that was kicked into the stands - both Dallas and Panthers fans it looked like.

Overall, there really wasn't anything that irritated me too much - even their fan base (in our section) acknowledged the 3 bad calls.

On the way out, there was some Panther's fan welcoming people to North Carolina and he was the most irritating person of the day.

Posted · Report post

[b]"On the way out, there was some Panther's fan welcoming people to North Carolina and he was the most irritating person of the day."[/b]

Obviously not realizing most the Dallas fans he was referring to were actually from somewhere close by...

Posted · Report post

Sell the team

Posted · Report post

consistently being drowned out by the other teams fans in your own building

what a disgrace

Posted · Report post

yeah, it was clear through the TV that, there was a lot of Cowboy fans........

Posted · Report post

Yes. At the end, they were rude.

But I take solace...

95% are fat
Tomorrow they will be asking all and sundry, "would you like fries with that?"

Posted · Report post

The Cowboy's fans around me were very cool actually. Very surprised.

As another poster pointed out, sometimes you got confused because it looked like a bad play and the crowd is cheering.

Stadium was 95% full. Weather was perfect. Panthers fans were too subdued as usual.

Scalpers were in power today. I made an offer and the guy didn't make any face but just walked away. And it was a good offer!!

Posted · Report post

We are losing because the fans won't cheer loud enough.....dang it...why didn't I think of that!!

Posted · Report post

I was surrounded by Cowbitches in my section today, some obnoxious (the ghetto fans), while most were sitting quietly as the game was not decided until the very end. We had the halftime lead, so it was tolerable on the concourse and at concessions during the half.

There was one fat douche I wanted to catapult over the railing and down to the lower bowl. He was in front of us, and as he got to the row, sometime into the second quarter, he had to squeeze by several attractive ladies who were all in their Dallas gear. Now this fat ass had on a blue Panthers pullover, and as he is sliding by says "Hey y'all, I'm from San Antonio, so I'm really a cowboys fan." Get the fug out of here with that bullshit dude.

Didn't see any fights, but wanted to start plenty. It felt like 50/50 on the fans, but was probably 65/35 Carolina to Dallas. And yes, overall, their fans were quiet until walking down the ramps to leave. Then they start their chanting and poo. Wished they would have all dropped dead on the spot.

Posted · Report post

The Carolina fans who were there had a lot of energy at least in my section 510. I was sitting near this Dallas fan who was very obnoxious, another was ejected and the all the fans were being obnoxious as a whole when we were taking that walk of shame. Interesting fact was my cousin who is a Raiders fan and could care less was telling us that a Panthers fan got into it with some Dallas fans and came back flashing a gun in the stadium. Not sure if any one else here can confirm that....

Posted · Report post

It would be great if we were loud and passionate throughout the game every game, but I don't blame anyone at this point. There's simple not a quality product on the field, sidelines, or front office. There is no improvement trend. Hard to get fired up.

Posted · Report post

Here is a great idea. How about winning some games and playing good to shut the opposing fans up. This will continue to be an issue year in and year out with opposing fans until we sack up and and be a solid team. Even then it will probably still happen. I was pissed when I went to the game against the Giants this year, but you know what if we had played good and won, it would have not been a problem. Heck did you see the Giants and 49ers game 2 weeks back? I could here "Lets go Giants" chants on the TV in the 4th quarter of that game in SAN FRAN. It is not just us that this happens to. Bottom line we have to be a consistent winning team to shut these opposing fans up.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CCS' timestamp='1350857845' post='1954274']
I noticed that on tv the arena was louder for the Cowboys than they were for the Panthers. That's just embarrassing.
[/quote]

Feel free to come buy a ticket and cheer for your team then

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JefDav84' timestamp='1350914085' post='1955748']
Here is a great idea. How about winning some games and playing good to shut the opposing fans up. This will continue to be an issue year in and year out with opposing fans until we sack up and and be a solid team. Even then it will probably still happen. I was pissed when I went to the game against the Giants this year, but you know what if we had played good and won, it would have not been a problem. Heck did you see the Giants and 49ers game 2 weeks back? I could here "Lets go Giants" chants on the TV in the 4th quarter of that game in SAN FRAN. It is not just us that this happens to. Bottom line we have to be a consistent winning team to shut these opposing fans up.
[/quote]

Yep. It happens quite a bit at other stadiums. Bears fans owned Jerry World a few weeks back. Sounded like a Bears home game. If this team starts winning consistently the problem will eventually get better. Problem is all the transplants around here raising their kids to hate the home team. I see it on the youth teams I coach. The Panthers have a steep uphill climb to win fans in this town and sucking ass for 13 out of 17 seasons does not help that climb.
1 person likes this