- - - - -

Alright I'm officially looking at the draft already.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm gonna root the guys on still, but I can already tell we're gonna have another top 10 pick. There is some good talent and we could find 2 guys with our first two picks that can take us to the next level.

Our defense really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, unless there is a "can't miss prospect" when we're picking, I really think we should bring in a stud receiver.

Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter. Both guys will be stars at the next level.

Second round we need to bring in another DB or pass rusher.

TJ McDonald, Xavier Rhodes, Tony Jefferson.

#2 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm thinking we will be picking in the top 5 this draft. Likely 2-4.

If that's the case, it would be too high for Allen or Hunter. I'd rather trade back down to 10-14 and then pick one of them and we could acquire another second or at least a third.

I'm thankful that there are two great QB prospects at the top of this draft class that should allow us to move down if we think it is fitting.

#3 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Jordan Gross has turned in to a turnstile so I wouldn't be upset/shocked to see us take a tackle in the 1st round.

#4 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I agree that we really need to go WR in the first because we need a number 1 WR. Is either Allen or Hunter of comparable talent to an AJ Green? Worth what will almost certainly be our top 5 pick?

#5 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

would love to have AJ Green in this year's draft.....yea I know its impossible, but someone of comparable talent

#6 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,421 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

With our high pick a trade down down would be nice.
My goal for this draft: Stud WR and FS and a capable CB.

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,160 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I would draft Star Lotulelei in the first, and the best OT or OG available in the 2nd. I would also take the best receiver with our first pick if we don't go with Star. We desperately need a play making WR. Steve doesn't have the legs anymore to carry the team and the rest of the bunch is a bunch of wildcards basically.

#8 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

would love to have AJ Green in this year's draft.....yea I know its impossible, but someone of comparable talent

Check out Justin Hunter. Very similar size and style of play as Green.

Only knock is that he tore his ACL last year. He will be a stud though.

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,580 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Gross is FAR from a turnstile but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting LT, moving Gross to RT and keeping Bell at RG.

I want a true FS, a future #1 WR and another pass rushing DT.

#10 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Were not so bad at DT right now...I'd like us to keep the Edwards' and sign another FA at that position. Our biggest needs seem right now to be
O-line....guards or tackles doesn't matter at this point but were really bad on the o-line this year
DBs.....safeties or corners we just need an infusion of talent in the back four desperately
WR...we need a new #1 to take over for smitty eventually

#11 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Gross is FAR from a turnstile but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting LT, moving Gross to RT and keeping Bell at RG.

I want a true FS, a future #1 WR and another pass rushing DT.

This is how I feel, especially if we get a raep trade like the Rams got last season. I'm a big believer in building up the trenches on either defense or offense, so I wouldn't hate taking a DE, DT or OT with our 1st rounder. Ultimately I think DT is where we go in the first since most of the DE prospects are tweeners that may fit best in a 3-4 as OLB's.

I've probably watched somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 Utah games in the past two years and I can honestly say I'm a big fan of Lotulelei. It's weird watching him because he has explosiveness similar to Suh as well as the pocket pushing ability of Ngata. Not saying he's nearly the pass rusher Suh is, but he could easily be the cure to our ills on the defensive line.

#12 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Anybody have clue if the DE from SC Clowny might come out this year, he looks to be a studx10

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Anybody have clue if the DE from SC Clowny might come out this year, he looks to be a studx10

He's a true sophomore so he would have to petition the NFL and win to do that. Short answer.....no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.