Photo
- - - - -

Prediction: Cam asks for trade. Smitty retires.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Agreed

We have a lot of leverage over Cam.

Under the new CBA we have an option for a fifth year and then we can franchise him in the 6th (I think).

Any player in year 3 will take the new contract unless it is a complete crapshow.

Cam will make bank here and will be a demigod. No reason to leave.

RIGHT???/

Cam has more leverage than you think....

Cam can make bank anywhere.....and could go to a better situation, better talent, better chance to win.

And if Cam ever decides to flex his muscle....it won't matter if we can tag him. What organization is going to be successful paying and playing a guy vocally not wanting to be part of it that actually has national media pull?

#12 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

BTW Cam isn't going anywhere. We will pay him big bucks when his contract is up and he has told JR that he wants to be a Panthers for as long as we will let him.

This is the most naive post I've read in a while.

#13 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• LocationSC
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

They're going through a rough year, but I don't see this happening...

#14 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Cam has more leverage than you think....

Cam can make bank anywhere.....and could go to a better situation, better talent, better chance to win.

And if Cam ever decides to flex his muscle....it won't matter if we can tag him. What organization is going to be successful paying and playing a guy vocally not wanting to be part of it that actually has national media pull?

I know what you are saying but the leverage is we offer him the choice between.

1) Sign a long term BIG contract in 2013 and if you don't we promise
2) You will be here until 2016

Cam is making "only" $5M a year but every NFL player likes guarantees vs the possibility of injury.

I bet we sign him through 2020 for like 12M a year and he takes it.

#15 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Neat. We will politely decline Cam's request and retire Smitty's jersey and thank him for his service.

BTW Cam isn't going anywhere. We will pay him big bucks when his contract is up and he has told JR that he wants to be a Panthers for as long as we will let him.

You are correct....because Hurney and JR are morons. That is exactly why we will continue to pay this clown

#16 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

This is the most naive post I've read in a while.

There has been only one major player I can remember that we let just walk and that was Peppers. And we could have franchised him again.

Good QBs rarely leave in free agency. We will pay him accordingly and if not we will franchise him. As someone stated above he would likely take guaranteed money rather than play for franchise money and take the risk of getting injured.

And I am not sure why people think he is so anxious to leave here. It is just that small market inferiority complex I guess.

#17 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm surprised Cam didn't light it up today because this was essentially a try out game for him

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

There has been only one major player I can remember that we let just walk and that was Peppers. And we could have franchised him again.

Good QBs rarely leave in free agency. We will pay him accordingly and if not we will franchise him. As someone stated above he would likely take guaranteed money rather than play for franchise money and take the risk of getting injured.

And I am not sure why people think he is so anxious to leave here. It is just that small market inferiority complex I guess.

Yeah.

Look - say what you like about JR but the players love the guy and he will open the purse strings for players. This isn't the NBA where everyone wants to play for the lakers.

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

You are correct....because Hurney and JR are morons. That is exactly why we will continue to pay this clown

Only a moron would act like a 23 year old that has shown this much promise is somehow the problem.

Remember before the draft when you said it would take him at least 3 years for him to grasp the QB position. he is playing pretty good now, so you should be excited as hell about where he might be when he reaches that benchmark you set for him before the draft.

How many times did you tell me before the draft that he was a project?? You should be fugging pumped about how good he is going to be once he passes the learning curve you yourself set for him.

#20 Wyank

Wyank

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Then you my as well jump ship and go be another team's fan. You have a decade of watching Cam play as starting QB for the Panthers ahead of you if you don't. Go jump on another team's bandwagon if you can't handle that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users