Photo
- - - - -

We were all in agreement Hurney needs to go. Does the same now go for Rivera?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I think it does and that's an encouraging sign. This team is done. Time to blow it up. Fire Hurney, every coach, get rid of the guys that were here throughout the Fox era like Steve Smith and Jordan Gross and Chris Gamble, keep Cam if he can convert even ONE big drive late in a game and build around him on offense and Kuechly and Frank Alexander on defense.

I had a fruit fly infestation in my apartment this summer because I had left some banana peels out and it was a huge mess trying to get rid of them all. I basically did, but they quickly returned because I hadn't remembered to get rid of the banana peel on top of my refrigerator (don't ask).

Marty Hurney is that forgotten banana peel. Richardson didn't completely start over like he should have in 2011 and the result is that the fruit flies have come back. Toss out the two most rotten banana peels of all in Hurney and Rivera and start over again.

#2 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Absolutely, yes. They both must go.

#3 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,147 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

If Hurney goes so does Admiral Adama and the rest of his fleet of Charger scrubs

#4 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

You know the biggest sign that our staff has failed? Watched a kickoff return. Has there been ANY improvement on the return game this season? Not one bit. That is 100% coaching. We made a point to sign these special teams aces and haven't seen a bit of improvement in returns. That is an utter indictment on Ron Rivera's staff.

#5 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,237 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Entirely possible he is gone by the end of the year if not earlier without some wins and wins right now.

#6 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'll sign off on it. He's completely stale here. Don't care about a few wins at years end against other people's back up QB and teams that are resting starters. He is not ultimately going to be the guy to turn this thing around.

#7 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I saw "yes" both must go. I also know some will ream me for saying this, but I want an experienced NFL head coach who has won somehwere else brought it. I am sure the "no retread" comments will come, but screw that. I do not want to waste another couple of seasons seeing if Rivera pans out AND I sure as hell dont want to see if some other Cooridinator or College Coach can be the next great HC and then waste more years on that.

#8 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

If this season is a total lost, here's my need to go list.

Hurney
Entire Coaching Staff w/exception of Shula

Gross
Gamble
Nakamarua
Martin
Ron Edwards
Dwan Edwards
Hangartner
Armanti
Clausen
Murphy
Tolbert
D. Williams and Beason if they don't take a pay cut.

#9 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,147 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

They fail to create any type of identity or enstill any type of attitude and furthermore don't know how to utilize the talent Hurney's dumballs acquires and bailed on almost everything that worked offensively last season.

If you don't get adequate talent from the FO side of things and can't even identify how to use what you have that has experienced success in past regimes, you are not a good staff and should be shown the door.

bottom line

#10 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Hard to argue with anything anyone suggests at this point.
Even the most crazy, asinine statements make more sense than what we've seen on the field this year.

Something has to be done about Hurney no matter what else happens.

#11 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

yes they both need to go, but we will probally rally at end of season and save hurney's job.

#12 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Metaphors FTW.

#13 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

The drive for 1-15

#14 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Rivera can stay one more year but only if Hurney and both coordinators are fired. But overall it's a better move to clean house. Keeping Rivera would just leave a sour taste and he'd press too much.

None of this will happen though. Richardson has made it known that all he cares about is making money and running a profitable business. Only when fans stop buying tickets will a better product be put on the field, but that move will risk losing the franchise entirely.

#15 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,300 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

I want to see what Rivera does with 2 good coordinators and a GM that knows what he's doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com