223 replies to this topic

#76 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

@ESPN_Colin
Blazin 5 delivers 4-1 week. and the guy who drafted Cam Newton, just axed in Carolina. Tells you what the organization thinks of Cam. #bust

You might be able to say that if the only thing you knew about Hurney was that he drafted Cam, and the only thing you knew about the Panthers is that we have Cam.

#77 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Holmgrem?

#78 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

I'm not going to act like I'm not happy that Hurney is gone, but there is a lot more wrong with this team then just the gm....

Yes very true indeed. But the wrong with the team starts with the GM and his hiring of scrubs year after year while thinking this is still a John Fox era team or something. When it is time to go out and get some real talent. Thank God Hurney is gone. Time to Party!!! :D

#79 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

"I am very fortunate to have been a part of one of the best organizations in the NFL since 1998," Hurney said.

"As General Manager I will always regret not helping us win the Super Bowl or having back-to-back winning seasons. I hope this change starts accomplishing the direction to those goals. I understand this decision by Mr. Richardson and will always have an extremely close relationship with him. I consider him the best owner in the NFL. I am responsible for everybody in coaching, the players, the scouts and everybody in football operations. After six weeks, we are 1-5 coming off a 6-10 season."

#80 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

We now have a lame duck head coach.

#81 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

@ESPN_Colin
Blazin 5 delivers 4-1 week. and the guy who drafted Cam Newton, just axed in Carolina. Tells you what the organization thinks of Cam. #bust

What a dickhead.

Interesting news... not much that it will affect this season I doubt. Be real interesting to see who replaces him and where we go from here...

Rivera is probably getting nervous.

#82 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,036 posts

hurney's last words...

"I am very fortunate to have been a part of one of the best organizations in the NFL since 1998," Hurney said.
"As General Manager I will always regret not helping us win the Super Bowl or having back-to-back winning seasons. I hope this change starts accomplishing the direction to those goals. I understand this decision by Mr. Richardson and will always have an extremely close relationship with him. I consider him the best owner in the NFL. I am responsible for everybody in coaching, the players, the scouts and everybody in football operations. After six weeks, we are 1-5 coming off a 6-10 season."

here...

#83 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,436 posts

OH MY GOOOOD

Posted Image

#84 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

bill polian is back....lol

#85 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Most Interesting

#86 PantherFan4Ever

PantherFan4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

@ESPN_Colin

This guy clearly knows nothing about the history of Hurney and his work with the Panthers organization to make that statement. And...he's a dumbass anyway.

#87 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Hurney did some great things in the scouting department. He and his troops did an outstanding job evaluating talent.

BUT, YOU CAN NOT MANAGE A SALARY CAP TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!

I hope we bring in some kind of amazing cap manager, cause it is going to take a few years before we can solve our cap issues!

#88 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,572 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

We now have a lame duck head coach.

He was already lame

#89 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Yeah, Rivera better be making plans to leave as soon as the season is over. I bet you guys anything that Rivera will be fired at the end of the season now.

#90 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

He was the root of the problem when you really got down to it. Allocation of money, talent evaluation, and his trades set us back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.