Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New GM options?

118 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm available. My credentials include running successful teams in ESPN football and Madden. My first move as Panthers GM, is suggesting we fire Rivera and make myself the interim HC.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sloth' timestamp='1350917165' post='1956088']

Don't he and Richardson hate each other?
[/quote]

I don't THINK they have any issues with one another (could certainly be wrong)... But Polian left the team to become the VP of the Colts, which was a promotion over what he had in Carolina... He's always spoke fondly of Carolina, so a return wouldn't be unfathomable... And let's face it, the man knows how to build a football team, top to bottom... And how to sustain it...

Posted · Report post

Here's a pretty good write up on up and coming GM candidates:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b843b/article/opportunities-present-themselves-for-hot-gm-candidates"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b843b/article/opportunities-present-themselves-for-hot-gm-candidates[/url]

The ones that stick out to me are:

Marc Ross - Director of College Scouting, Giants
Russ Ball - VP of Football Administration/Player Finance - Packers
Nick Caserio - Director of Player Personnel - Patriots
Reggie McKenzie - Director of Football Operations - Packers

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]One thing I want is someone from a successful organization. I don't want some up and comer from some bottom feeder or up and down organization. Get me someone from an organization like the Packers, Steelers, Giants, Patriots, etc. I want someone who has seen how a winning organization works from inside and is used to winning. We need a winner's mentality here. Cam Newton wasn't enough. He had it, but he's stuck in the mire of the Panthers' losing ways right now. We're just too used to losing and we need a coach and GM who aren't and won't accept it.[/size][/font][/color]
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC' timestamp='1350917450' post='1956109']
I don't THINK they have any issues with one another (could certainly be wrong)... But Polian left the team to become the VP of the Colts, which was a promotion over what he had in Carolina... He's always spoke fondly of Carolina, so a return wouldn't be unfathomable... And let's face it, the man knows how to build a football team, top to bottom... And how to sustain it...
[/quote]

Peyton Manning fell in his lap. Look at what that roster did without him last season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC' timestamp='1350917450' post='1956109']
[/quote]

They've somewhat been on speaking terms but Bill is done with the management side of things in the league. If anything, Chris or Dennis will be working towards getting further in the NFL.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam' timestamp='1350915708' post='1955952']
I say bring in Cowher, give him full control as coach and GM
[/quote]

I remember reading something that said this is exactly what Cowher wants, full control. Are there any other coaches like this other than Belichick? I can't think of any other coaches who have "full" control...

Posted · Report post

I want Marc Ross
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LinvilleGorge' timestamp='1350917554' post='1956120']

Peyton Manning fell in his lap. Look at what that roster did without him last season.
[/quote]

So you give Polian no credit for 11 out of 14 winning seasons, hiring one of the best coaches in the games history (Dungy), and 9 consecutive playoff appearances? Yeah, he's crap...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

<---------------------------------------------------------
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Has anyone noticed a lot of people are just suggesting the 2 retired GMs that they know exist instead of researching?

Posted · Report post

Give Cowher the keys and let him cut losse!!!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

.Why would you fire the GM mid season? I am not a Hurney fan but question the timing and motives.I think Hurney has been more of a puppet GM so I will be curious as to what prompted the decision during mid-season .