Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

New GM options?

118 posts in this topic

What about Tony Dungy as a GM? He could also help mentor Cam.

That old man knows more about football, basketball, and radio (as well as politics and print media), that you could ever hope to know if you were fed with a fire hose for 100 years. I don't know a single person in sports or radio who does not respect, if not revere, him.

Nice try, John Kilgo.

1 person likes this

What about Tony Dungy as a GM? He could also help mentor Cam.

What is Dungy's track record as a GM?

I'd love for them to bring him in on some capacity to help with Cam, but I don't see it happening.

What is Dungy's track record as a GM?

Same as Cowher's and Gruden's.

Nonexistent.

Nice try, John Kilgo.

Nope, just a guy who was his studio producer of the UNCC games back when we went to the NIT and FF. Also know a half dozen guys in media still here in CLT who owe their careers to him. Worked with him on a few news bits too. Didn't keep up with him after the demise of the Kaplan empire, but when I was on TV/Radio about ten years ago as a guest analyst I ran into a dozen more people that just gushed about him. Also knew one of his biz partners, who was in it with Dean Smith, who, as you should know, was friends with John.

You, young whippersnapper, don't have a clue about what your are talking. Kilgo was a near god of broadcasting here for decades, and last year, when he popped up as a guest on FNZ, I almost had to pull over. Couldn't believe he was still alive and kickin', much less still doing his schtick in front of the mic.

I'm getting to that age where folks in my parent's generation are dropping like flies. I've been to maybe a fourth of the funerals. Despite not having seen John in years, I'll be at his.

I have no clue who is available. I know this board is multiple times more knowledgeable than I.

What say you Huddle?

Bill Parcells

Nope, just a guy who was his studio producer of the UNCC games back when we went to the NIT and FF. Also know a half dozen guys in media still here in CLT who owe their careers to him. Worked with him on a few news bits too. Didn't keep up with him after the demise of the Kaplan empire, but when I was on TV/Radio about ten years ago as a guest analyst I ran into a dozen more people that just gushed about it him. Also knew one of his biz partners, who was in it with Dean Smith, who, as you should know, was friends with John.

You, young whippersnapper, don't have a clue about what your are talking. Kilgo was a near god of broadcasting here for decades, and last year, when he popped up as a guest on FNZ, I almost had to pull over. Couldn't believe he was still alive and kickin', much less still doing his schtick in front of the mic.

I'm getting to that age where folks in my parent's generation are dropping like flies. I've been to maybe a fourth of the funerals. Despite not having seen John in years, I'll be at his.

I'm a Kilgo fan. Love when he is on the radio.

During the Summer this year, I was outside making cornhole boards and listening to Kilgo when he was filling in for Frank Garcia. This was during the Olympics and he said something about badmitten and how it's not a real sport or something condescending about it and it pissed one listener off so bad that he kept calling and they had to keep hanging up on the guy.

Bill Parcells

Oh Lord, no :(

I should be hired. I'm totally qualified since I played NFL Head Coach 09 and won 20 straight super bowls. Are you even trying JR?

Matt Millen FTW!!

More seriously, I have liked the idea of Steve Young being a GM. He has a law degree from BYU, and is obviously an NFL mind.