Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New GM options?

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Ummm... yeah. It's a pretty involved job that requires a helluva lot of dedication. If he doesn't want to do it, I highly doubt he would succeed. So yeah, I'd place desire to do the job pretty high on the list.

You are missing the point. If Steve young doesn't want to be a GM, you don't hire him... that much is obvious. But, for me to think that Steve Young has the skills to be a GM, is something completely different then what you are talking about.

Posted

Bring in Cowher, make Kevin Greene the DC, pull Chud's head out of his ass or hire someone else.

I just splooged some.

But maybe bring in Cowher, demote Rivera to DC.

JR needs to simply step back and write checks when needed. Nothing else.

JR always wanted to do it the Pittsburgh way, fuggng do it.

The idiot owner in DC finally brings in Shanahan and drafts RGIII and things are looking up at 3-4.

Even Andrew Luck with a team that was recently raped of talent is 3-3.

Cam is 1-5, we're going backwards.

Fugging do it Richardson, now.

Posted

cardboard-icons-vinny-cerrato.jpg

Oh

Hell

No!!

Posted

cardboard-icons-vinny-cerrato.jpg

Not even with a gun to my head :(

Posted

I say, I have liked the idea of Steve Young being an NFL GM because he is a great NFL mind and has a law degree... now I have to defend my position to you? Is this a court of law? or a message board?

Is it completely asanine to think that Steve Young could be a GM in the NFL? He is more qualified than John Elway. He seems to be doing a fine job.

No team has expressed interest in him publicly, but hell, maybe he is just fine being a broadcaster. Does Steve Young have to want to be a GM in order for me to think he would be a good candidate?

Do you remember the last team that thought a former player / current analyst with no actual front office experience would make a great GM?

Posted

Bill Polian?

LOL, right after we re-hire George Siefert to be our next HC.

Polian left such a bad taste in JR's mouth that he announced he would never have another GM (before promoting Hurney to that job a few years later, because Hurney had impressed him so much).

Posted

Why has no one brought up Brian Gutekunst? The Packers' Director of College Scouting.

He's from Raleigh, he was a scout on the east coast for a while, his dad coached at University of Minnesota, taking over for Lou Holtz. Obviously he has understanding of college players.

Posted

I don't care who it is. Bring this damn team some wins!!!

Posted

here was my short list:

http://absolutepanth...executives.html

enjoy.

No to the bigger names being put out. No real chance. And is the Cowher thing still a thing?

Posted

Legitimate candidates:

-Marc Ross, Giants

-Eric DeCosta, Baltimore

I've heard DeCosta is terrific. If he wants to be promoted, he will probably look to leave Baltimore. No way anyone is replacing Ozzie Newsome anytime soon.

From what I've read of other comments, Ross would be great too, if he really is the college scouting director of the Giants. Hell almost anyone from the Giants' scouting department would be awesome.

Posted

Couple of options that could actually be interviewed now would be Tom Heckert and Tim Ruskell.

Not sure either excites.

Posted

The Marc Ross guy from the Giants looks like a young up and coming NFL GM type guy. Hell, the Giants are killing it in the draft every year.