• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Will JR stick with his philosophy of bringing in quiet staff that will conform? Or will he bring someone in who will rock the boat?

This is the guy who wouldn't even consider Harbaugh as a coach

#62 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

U gotta believe Rivera is gone after this year if JR brings in an outsider.

#63 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Must be an old article. Reggie McKenzie is running the Raiders now.

Yeah, it was from back in January.

#64 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

So you give Polian no credit for 11 out of 14 winning seasons, hiring one of the best coaches in the games history (Dungy), and 9 consecutive playoff appearances? Yeah, he's crap...

Sure I do, I just don't think he's the personnel genius many think he is. The Colts had a crap defense for many of those 14 seasons.

#65 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Floyd Reese was the Titans GM during some of their successful years. Last I heard I think he was a consultant somewhere. I'd have to look him up.

He and Richardson might be able to craft a good working relationship. Of course, Reese is also remembered as the guy who drafted Pac Man Jones.

I remember Reese getting the job with the Giants. And aren't you guys forgetting something, just like with the players, your new GM needs some experience with the Chargers. Of course barring an AJ Smith firing - that would be a little easier said than done. You'd have to bring either Beathard out of retirement or Butler out of the grave. Randy Mueller would fit that quota since he's Smith's assistant. Richardson and AJ Smith working together would probably be the best "Grumpy Old Men" duo in the league

#66 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,260 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Nick Caserio from the Pats is who I would very much like to get the gig.

Director of Player Personnel for NE since 2008

link to his bio at the Pats site ---> http://www.patriots....5e-c1ce49eb19ba

#67 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Bring in Cowher, make Kevin Greene the DC, pull Chud's head out of his ass or hire someone else.

#68 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Give me Marc Ross and Chip Kelly.

#69 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Reed just said on twitter that Brandon Beane will now act as GM for the rest the season

This contradicts Joe Persons statement saying there would be no acting GM the rest of the year.

#70 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,272 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

I remember Reese getting the job with the Giants. And aren't you guys forgetting something, just like with the players, your new GM needs some experience with the Chargers. Of course barring an AJ Smith firing - that would be a little easier said than done. You'd have to bring either Beathard out of retirement or Butler out off the grave. Randy Mueller would fit that quota since he's Smith's assistant. Richardson and AJ Smith working together would probably be the best "Grumpy Old Men" duo in the league

We had a guy with a Chargers connection. We just fired him.

Meuller is the only realistic possibility there. Experienced? Yeah, but I'm iffy on that idea.

#71 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

kilgo on the radio talking about bringing polian back.... lol that old man needs to just get off the radio

That old man knows more about football, basketball, and radio (as well as politics and print media), that you could ever hope to know if you were fed with a fire hose for 100 years. I don't know a single person in sports or radio who does not respect, if not revere, him.

#72 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I said this is another thread, but I think we all know who the GM is going to be.

You guys throwing out all these names of guys on other organizations need to step back and take a breath.

The GM is going to be a guy who we've never heard of and it's going to be a guy promoted from within. It will be a guy who understands Mr.Richardson's philosophies and knows how Mr.Richardson wants to do things. It won't be an outsider because I don't think JR wants to ruffle any feathers.

#73 soldier22

soldier22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

What about Tony Dungy as a GM? He could also help mentor Cam.

#74 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

That old man knows more about football, basketball, and radio (as well as politics and print media), that you could ever hope to know if you were fed with a fire hose for 100 years. I don't know a single person in sports or radio who does not respect, if not revere, him.

Nice try, John Kilgo.

#75 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

What about Tony Dungy as a GM? He could also help mentor Cam.

What is Dungy's track record as a GM?

I'd love for them to bring him in on some capacity to help with Cam, but I don't see it happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com