Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruCatzFan

Players' Twitter reactions to Hurney being Fired

96 posts in this topic

What are Clausen and Armanti saying? They may be looking at playing in the CFL next year now that Hurney is gone.

After a 1-5 start, I imagine Jerry/Morrison knew they had to fire someone. Firing Hurney was the easiest way to send a message to the fanbase that they're trying.

Firing your coach mid-season doesn't really accomplish much, especially when the coordinators are bad too.

Rivera will probably get the axe at the end of the season too.

Yep, fire Hurney to appease fans, yet not disrupt the actual football operations mid-season.

Jonathan Jones@jjones9

"I have nothing but positive things to say about Marty" - LB Jason Phillips

Hurney was fired for poor performance. Anything else is speculation.

1 person likes this

Jonathan Jones@jjones9

Beason wanted to talk to coach, team before commenting. Cordial per usual. Said his knee feels just "all right"

haha!

anyone who follows stewart knows he doesn't talk about football issues.

and is better for it.

1 person likes this

@randywattson: How many pro bowler have Marty drafted since he been here? Plenty! #saynomore

@randywattson: How many pro bowler have Marty drafted since he been here? Plenty! #saynomore

demetrius c. johnson@demcjohn

@randywattson how many probowlers does it take to consistently win games?

1 person likes this

As I said in the other thread, I'm not celebrating it. It's actually fairly depressing.

On the other hand, and from player's reactions, I think they would agree, if we would've canned Rivera today, I would be much happier with that move.

I'm not saying Hurney wasn't the problem, but I think he could've fixed the problems. Meanwhile, we have to ride out the rest of this season and from what players are saying, it sounds like they aren't behind the coaching staff... Wrong person to go at this time if you ask me. Firing your GM midseason really accomplishes nothing and is nothing more than a scare tactic IMO.

But it won't work, b/c Rivera just hasn't shown the ability to learn or improve as a HC.