Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Players' Twitter reactions to Hurney being Fired

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Hurney was fired for poor performance. Anything else is speculation.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jonathan Jones@jjones9

Beason wanted to talk to coach, team before commenting. Cordial per usual. Said his knee feels just "all right"

Posted

haha!

anyone who follows stewart knows he doesn't talk about football issues.

and is better for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

@randywattson: How many pro bowler have Marty drafted since he been here? Plenty! #saynomore

Posted

@randywattson: How many pro bowler have Marty drafted since he been here? Plenty! #saynomore

demetrius c. johnson@demcjohn

@randywattson how many probowlers does it take to consistently win games?

1 person likes this

Posted

As I said in the other thread, I'm not celebrating it. It's actually fairly depressing.

On the other hand, and from player's reactions, I think they would agree, if we would've canned Rivera today, I would be much happier with that move.

I'm not saying Hurney wasn't the problem, but I think he could've fixed the problems. Meanwhile, we have to ride out the rest of this season and from what players are saying, it sounds like they aren't behind the coaching staff... Wrong person to go at this time if you ask me. Firing your GM midseason really accomplishes nothing and is nothing more than a scare tactic IMO.

But it won't work, b/c Rivera just hasn't shown the ability to learn or improve as a HC.

Posted

CJ needs to shut up.

I've never had a problem with his twitter chatter before, but he shouldn't be criticizing the organization that pays him 70 mill on an open wall...

Posted

cj is almost as bad as hurney... if he doesnt shut up he wont be employed here for very much longer. would love to see his contract dumped and his non-productivity

Posted

I appreciate CJ, but I do think it's weird that players are saying "he wasn't the problem," which means there is OTHER problems, and it's also saying "JR f'ed up." Which I'm sure he doesn't take kindly to. Just weird to see for our organization, which has pretty much had a PC-filter on players throughout history,

1 person likes this

Posted

I appreciate CJ, but I do think it's weird that players are saying "he wasn't the problem," which means there is OTHER problems, and it's also saying "JR f'ed up." Which I'm sure he doesn't take kindly to. Just weird to see for our organization, which has pretty much had a PC-filter on players throughout history,

I think we all now that Chud and Rvera been fuggin up

Posted

Players are pissed bc the boss came in this morning and basically put the all on notice that their poo better shape up or the new gm will throw them out. That's why they're whining. Most of them knew that Hurney would probably keep them around and even give out extensions for mediocre play.

4 people like this

Posted

@billvoth

Cam Newton just arrived to work. Wouldn't even say "no comment," just whistled, shook his head and kept walking. #Panthers