Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruCatzFan

Players' Twitter reactions to Hurney being Fired

96 posts in this topic

Those fat ass paychecks were because of all the idiot fans saying JR needs to start spending money. And those same fans who loved all those signings then, are the same ones jumping for joy that Hurney was fired. It's a funny business.

He did need to start spending money, that is without debate.

We fans did not love the signings.

Of course the players are going to stick up for the GM. He's the one that either drafted them, gave them ridiculous contracts, or both. The results of this team speak for themselves.

1 person likes this

We fans did not love the signings.

Revisionist history I see.

Revisionist history I see.

I could go dig up plenty of threads to support this but I don't care enough to.

Anyway, if Hurney and JR made any contract decision based on what I posted on a message board, then this firing is long overdue.

2 people like this

The players know what they're talking about, none of you do, considering we are all just FANS. If the players don't think it was a good move then it wasn't a good move. We need more players like CJ to put the "fans" in their place.

We hear all the time that our front office shows far too much loyalty to players rather than looking at the business side of it. How can you claim that the players are not doing the same?

I could go dig up plenty of threads to support this but I don't care enough to.

People disagree with every move the Panthers make on this forum. But the majority were loving it when the Panthers made their initial signings after the lockout.

People disagree with every move the Panthers make on this forum. But the majority were loving it when the Panthers made their initial signings after the lockout.

Couch GMs happy about signings 2 years ago then hate them 2 years later. Can't believe they are on team payrolls. Wait.

These 'players' need to really stfu and worry about their own jobs. If JR Hires a GM worth a damn MOST will be shipped the hell outta here.

But maybe that is why they are bitching? Maybe they know now their time is up.

Thank you...I just have a problem with the idea that players criticize their organization in public period...

CJ pretty much epitomizes Hurney's career in my opinion. CJ would not start on most teams, let alone get a fat contract

CJ would not start on most teams, let alone get a fat contract

Come on, man.