96 replies to this topic

#76 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

So Cam is "an overhyped rookie who hasn't accomplished poo In this League"

I believe that he broke every single record that a rookie QB could break... I'm not saying he is without faults, because he has plenty of them.

His relapse this year has more to do with the scheme that the coaching staff has implemented than anything... And oh btw, even though his #'s per game haven't been quite as eye popping this year, statistically speaking he's on the same pace as he was last year...

So is he really slumping? Or is this Read Option making this team and him look worse than they are?

You're intelligent, so ill let u figure that one out on your own.

Forget his relapse. I don't give a poo about the numbers. That's the least of my worries. I care about wins. Team wins led by a quarterback. Not quarterback wins and stats supported by a talented team. We didn't get to a SuperBowl and 3 playoff appearances with Jake Delhomme by setting record breaking numbers.

We did it with solid game management, leadership, beginning withe the coach, and clutch performance late in the game. Jake Delhomme was NOT the Carolina Panthers. He was our quarterback. He was the guy that kept to himself and as a true leader does, made everyone around him stars. Smith, Muhammad, Davis, Peppers, Deangelo...it was about THEM. Not Jake. It was about the team. It was about the fans.

That's what Cam and his fans don't get. You put the spotlight on them, and the criticism on yourself.

And I don't care how good your team is, how good your coaching is, how good your game plan is. You WILL find yourself in your share of games where you are down late in the game, and it requires you step up and take on the leadership role to put the game away.

You cannot be a winning team or winning quarterback in this league without those qualities. You have to win your share of close games under pressure. So far, after 1 and a half years, Cam Newton has not shown me that he possesses the ability to do those things. I repeat: 1 4th quarter comeback out of 23 games with PLENTY of opportunities. Huge red flag is an understatement.

A new GM is not going to fix that. A new offensive scheme is not going to fix that. And please stop bitching about this because everyone here knows we brought in Rivera and Chud created this scheme in order to SUIT Cam Newton and make it easy for HIM to transition to the NFL. They have done nothing but coddled him and kissed his ass! And a new coach is unlikely to fix that when Cam is already pointing fingers at the coaching staff in press conferences. He's in no position to do that and I'm sorry but I feel it's only going to get uglier from here. Cam is going to undermine his rookie coaching staff because Richardson gave him the backing to do that.

And even for that, I don't blame him. I still blame Richardson. He created a monster, and picked a rookie head coach, yes man, who doesn't have the power nor the resume to have the respect of the team and keep his superstar rookie in check.

"Sweetheart"...

#77 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thank you...I just have a problem with the idea that players criticize their organization in public period...

CJ pretty much epitomizes Hurney's career in my opinion. CJ would not start on most teams, let alone get a fat contract

Don't be hyperbolic. CJ is a solid DE that would start on almost every team (Not the ones who have two really good DEs like the Giants) even if he is overpaid.

#78 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

@idiot who should have stayed gone. Cam has taken late 4th quarter leads quite a few times. Why should a QB be blamed when what should be a game winning drive turns into a loss because of defensive crappiness?

#79 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

The players know what they're talking about, none of you do, considering we are all just FANS. If the players don't think it was a good move then it wasn't a good move. We need more players like CJ to put the "fans" in their place.

As it has been stated plenty of times, the players don't like it because Hurney was loyal to them and their job was safe with him. We all know the whole coaching staff and many players will be gone after the season, but something had to be done right now to send a message and let fans know that the organization is not going to put up with this. Hurney had to go. He was a huge part of the problem. That's just a fact.

#80 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

@idiot who should have stayed gone. Cam has taken late 4th quarter leads quite a few times. Why should a QB be blamed when what should be a game winning drive turns into a loss because of defensive crappiness?

He's a bonafide choke artist that lacks the mental toughness and leadership to take this team anywere. Period. 1 in 23 is no excuse.

And don't worry, as long as the attitude around here is so shitty, I have no intention of sticking around. I'm a Panthers fan, not a Cam Newton supporter and I got tired long ago of fighting this diseased mentality. He's just another guy that will come and go and so will most of his bandwagon fans. The franchise will still be here, and so will most of this team's true fans. Just wanted to let you know you have a poster here quoting my posts from other forums as his own...basically an impostor.

Good luck.

#81 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Charles Johnson is a great defensive end and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete moron. He's been one of the few bright spots on the team this year.

#82 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Forget his relapse. I don't give a poo about the numbers. That's the least of my worries. I care about wins. Team wins led by a quarterback. Not quarterback wins and stats supported by a talented team. We didn't get to a SuperBowl and 3 playoff appearances with Jake Delhomme by setting record breaking numbers.

We did it with solid game management, leadership, beginning withe the coach, and clutch performance late in the game. Jake Delhomme was NOT the Carolina Panthers. He was our quarterback. He was the guy that kept to himself and as a true leader does, made everyone around him stars. Smith, Muhammad, Davis, Peppers, Deangelo...it was about THEM. Not Jake. It was about the team. It was about the fans.

That's what Cam and his fans don't get. You put the spotlight on them, and the criticism on yourself.

And I don't care how good your team is, how good your coaching is, how good your game plan is. You WILL find yourself in your share of games where you are down late in the game, and it requires you step up and take on the leadership role to put the game away.

You cannot be a winning team or winning quarterback in this league without those qualities. You have to win your share of close games under pressure. So far, after 1 and a half years, Cam Newton has not shown me that he possesses the ability to do those things. I repeat: 1 4th quarter comeback out of 23 games with PLENTY of opportunities. Huge red flag is an understatement.

A new GM is not going to fix that. A new offensive scheme is not going to fix that. And please stop bitching about this because everyone here knows we brought in Rivera and Chud created this scheme in order to SUIT Cam Newton and make it easy for HIM to transition to the NFL. They have done nothing but coddled him and kissed his ass! And a new coach is unlikely to fix that when Cam is already pointing fingers at the coaching staff in press conferences. He's in no position to do that and I'm sorry but I feel it's only going to get uglier from here. Cam is going to undermine his rookie coaching staff because Richardson gave him the backing to do that.

And even for that, I don't blame him. I still blame Richardson. He created a monster, and picked a rookie head coach, yes man, who doesn't have the power nor the resume to have the respect of the team and keep his superstar rookie in check.

"Sweetheart"...

You're a whiney vag, aren't you? Some real useless eaters in this fanbase.

#83 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

"Sweetheart"...

Theres a lot of truth in there

How many more comeback wins is Camster going to lead this team to, now that Hurney has fallen on his sword?

#84 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Charles Johnson via CarolinaPanthers.com security camera feed:
Posted Image

I almost burst out laughing at work...lol

#85 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Don't be hyperbolic. CJ is a solid DE that would start on almost every team (Not the ones who have two really good DEs like the Giants) even if he is overpaid.

I was just mad about his twitter meltdown this morning...I still think we overpaid him

#86 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

it was about THEM. Not Jake. It was about the team. It was about the fans.

I don't know. I loved Jake's will to win, but I remember watching him show up his teammates on the field more than once, and that's something I've yet to see Cam do. It always bugged me when Jake would whine at one of the young guys for dropping a pass when we all knew he was going to throw up a few lame ducks or stand in a pass rush with ball by his waist at some point before the game was over

#87 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Theres a lot of truth in there

How many more comeback wins is Camster going to lead this team to, now that Hurney has fallen on his sword?

How soon will he get some help and not have to carry the team?

#88 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Ohh goddamnit. The Hurney firing has brought PFFL back. I would almost have rather kept Hurney around.

#89 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

@JordanSenn57: It's hard to see one man be blamed for the struggle of many. Mr. Hurney has never lost us one game, we lost as a team and win as a team.

@JordanSenn57: My respect and appreciation for Mr. Hurney as a man and as a GM is tremendous!

#90 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,913 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

These 'players' need to really stfu and worry about their own jobs. If JR Hires a GM worth a damn MOST will be shipped the hell outta here.

But maybe that is why they are bitching? Maybe they know now their time is up.

They have more skin in this game than you and have every right to speak their minds. Maybe you should stfu. What right do you have to tell anyone what they should or should not say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.