Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosuchthingasapanther

deangelo williams on hurney...

18 posts in this topic

I think JR had more to do with those paychecks than Hurney

Reaching.

can't trade anybody now either for picks or moving money around. the whole team is landlocked.

A whole topic for nothing?

a deangelo williams thread always grows it's own legs and walks on it's own.

no point in it derailing the other thread(s).

This totally deserved a thread.

Too many people have forgotten what an amazing RB #34 is.

The real sad part is Stewart is in what should be his prime.....and we are missing out on his 2008 DeAngelo type year.

• Topics

• I am as big of a Cam fan as there is, but no he's not perfect. BUT, I will say, in his defense, a good deal of his shortcomings are due in part to offensive scheme and design.  You brought up Brady, whose offense is designed around getting the ball out quick and with timing and letting the receivers make plays.  The biggest complaint on this board since Chud left has been the lack of quick hitting, easy completions created by short, quick routes.  And while I see a lot of articles now about how Cam lacks accuracy on short and intermediate routes, and has ranked as the league worst, at least in 2016, he didn't struggle with such issues under Chud.  Our screens were a lot crisper for one and the routes were more varied and creative.  Furthermore, the last two or three seasons' decline in short and intermediate accuracy coincides with having a receiving corps among the leagues worst in getting separation.  Now, we draft two guys that are quick, fast and can get open in a hurry and overhauled the receiving corps with Shepard and Johnson as well.  I think people are going to see the accuracy problem was more due to scheme and personnel than it was Cam.  If healthy, he's going to have a ridiculous year.