#1 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Talk around the CAA is that it is almost a done deal. Us UNCW fans will be happy to have somebody else in our region to establish a rival.

http://collegebasket...s-with-the-caa/

#2 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Pointless move without Davidson.

Davidson + CoC + Mason + an occasional other team in conference to step up = multi-bid league.

All CoC is accomplishing with this move is greater travel costs and a worse baseball conference. CAA lost all of its luster when VCU and ODU left. Those were excellent basketball programs capable of getting an at large almost any season.

#3 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

CofCs move to the CAA was 2 fold. One it puts us in a better basketball conference. Two it will get the College a ton more exposure, better TV deal, etc...

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

CofCs move to the CAA was 2 fold. One it puts us in a better basketball conference. Two it will get the College a ton more exposure, better TV deal, etc...

Is it really a better conference though? VCU and ODU are gone. Those are the perennial powers. Mason is generally pretty good, but they're not VCU or ODU. Davidson is every bit as good as Mason if not better.

The rest of the CAA is usually garbage with another team occasionally being decent.

Their TV deal is pretty mediocre. It is worse than the A10's old TV deal and Charlotte only got paid about $100,000/yr out of that. That's not even enough to cover the increased travel costs.

I wish CoC well, I just don't understand the logic in going from one one bid conference to another while increasing travel costs and hurting the basketball program. The CAA is a one bid baseball conference. Charlotte dominated A10 baseball almost every season, but there were few years that we lost in the A10 tournament and ended up missing the tournament despite having one of the best records in the nation.

I felt CoC was the best chance the SoCon had of removing Davidson's dominance and perennial NCAA invitation, so I'm disappointed to see them leave for that reason. Davidson fans are the worst and I wish nothing but the worst for them. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com