- - - - -

Who's Safe?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

If we bring in a gm with any sort of pro level experience he is going to clean house- wouldnt be suprised if only the players still on their initial rookie contracts who actually have contributed are kept around. Of course I dont know the ins and outs of how easy it is to dump contracts like CJ s and de lo s so who knows?

#32 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hopefully now we won't have asinine contracts. Granted, they were for players we all love. But it has killed this team.

#33 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Anyone notice that all the Players really upset with Hurney firing today are the same players Hurney gave Idiotic Contracts to?

#34 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Cam Newton
Charles Johnson
Jon Beason
Ryan Kalil
Jordan Gross
Jonathan Stewart
Steve Smith
Luke Kuechly

HOPEFULLY these guys are safe too
Brandon Lafell
Thomas Keiser
Kealoah Pilares
Thomas Davis

#35 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Safe:
Kuechly, Alexander, James Anderson, JStew, Olsen, Byron Bell

More then likely safe:
Lafell, Norman, Gross(one more year), Kalil, Smitty (unless he retires), Cam (even though he needs comp)

Grey area:
Beason, Gamble, CJ, Godfrey, Dwill, all DTs, all other OL

#36 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,002 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Safe:
Kuechly, Alexander, James Anderson, JStew, Olsen, Byron Bell

More then likely safe:
Lafell, Norman, Gross(one more year), Kalil, Smitty (unless he retires), Cam (even though he needs comp)

Grey area:
Beason, Gamble, CJ, Godfrey, Dwill, all DTs, all other OL

I like how you put it...Smitty though just seems like a question mark for me right now as much as I hate to admit it. He's probably been through his last regime change with this organization if he really wants a title before he retires and I don't blame him.

With Gross, I just don't know. He's in a weird position where I think writers and the media actually think he is better than he actually plays. He could stay but its not a for sure safe.

And with Beason, he'll be 28 next season (not that old) but has a lot more ground to cover in his road to recovery. I just don't know how a new staff/fo would handle him.

And if there is an opportune time to clear house and go full 3-4 do it with a new regime. I think bringing in a Keith Butler type at HC with a LeBeau 3-4 would be exactly what we need to step it up against the offenses we have to constantly play in the NFC. We've been remabling about a 3-4 for so long, let's just finally do it and do a reboot 2.0. West Coast-hybrid offense and a 3-4 defense. I'm not saying do what the Redskins have done for RG3, but let's do what the Redskins have done for RG3 :)

I dunno anymore

#37 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anyone notice that all the Players really upset with Hurney firing today are the same players Hurney gave Idiotic Contracts to?

You my friend are a genius

#38 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Jimmy Clausen

in all seriousness

Locks:

Cam
Kalil
Keek
CJ
Alexander
Smith (unless he wants to retire, no way JR let's them trade/cut him)
Olsen
J. Stew

Should be safe:
Lafell
Anderson
T. Davis
Beason
Gamble (contract restructured)
Norman
Godfrey
Gross
Bell
Silatolu
D. Will
Tolbert

Might want to start worrying:
Captain
Adams
Murphy
Keiser
Fua

Gone:
AE
Clausen
Nakamura
S. Martin

#39 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

I like how you put it...Smitty though just seems like a question mark for me right now as much as I hate to admit it. He's probably been through his last regime change with this organization if he really wants a title before he retires and I don't blame him.

With Gross, I just don't know. He's in a weird position where I think writers and the media actually think he is better than he actually plays. He could stay but its not a for sure safe.

And with Beason, he'll be 28 next season (not that old) but has a lot more ground to cover in his road to recovery. I just don't know how a new staff/fo would handle him.

And if there is an opportune time to clear house and go full 3-4 do it with a new regime. I think bringing in a Keith Butler type at HC with a LeBeau 3-4 would be exactly what we need to step it up against the offenses we have to constantly play in the NFC. We've been remabling about a 3-4 for so long, let's just finally do it and do a reboot 2.0. West Coast-hybrid offense and a 3-4 defense. I'm not saying do what the Redskins have done for RG3, but let's do what the Redskins have done for RG3 :)

I dunno anymore

Yeah Smitty may retire who knows.

The situation with Gross is exactly why we need to draft a LT in round 1. Gross can groom him for a year. Gross right now while highly knowledgeable at the position doesn't posses the physical tools anymore I'm afraid. He's never been overrated until now when his age is starting to catch up. I really wish Otah would have worked out.

#40 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

No one is safe you play better than the next guy or you get replaced.

#41 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

No one is safe you play better than the next guy or you get replaced.

Unless you Cam Newton then apparently you shouldn't have to compete with anyone.

#42 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Really don't see cam being safe.

#43 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

If I was JR, below would be the list of players the GM can't touch.

Cam
Stew
Smitty
Luke
Thomas Davis

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

If Beason goes to IR....Realistcally he needs to be restructured or go.

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

If I was JR, below would be the list of players the GM can't touch.

Cam
Stew
Smitty
Luke
Thomas Davis

Going forward, Smith is debatable. he will be another year older, a little less in the tank....with all the same ole issues.

Yeah, I know people want to name their first born after the guy.....but parting with him could be a realistic approach. He represents a lot of "old" Carolina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com