• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Not sure this has been put out there before b/c you know Marty didn't disclose financials...

Joe Person@josephperson
For those asking, Ron Rivera has 2 years left after this season on the 4-year, $11.2 million deal he signed in January 2011.

Wow. I didn't know he was signed for 4 years, and I definitely didn't think he got 11mil. JR has to be pissed right now.

#2 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

He'll keep Rivera.

Chud and McD are done though.

#3 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,261 posts

You do realize he's one of the most underpaid coaches in the league right? He's on a bargain bin contract. For reference, the 49ers gave Jim Harbaugh a 5-year, $25m deal as a first-time NFL HC.

#4 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,916 posts

Not sure this has been put out there before b/c you know Marty didn't disclose financials...

Wow. I didn't know he was signed for 4 years, and I definitely didn't think he got 11mil. JR has to be pissed right now.

Isn't that one of the cheaper HC contracts?

#5 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Everybody implying that JR hasn't known about contracts is acting ridiculous. He signs the contracts and pays the men. Enough with the JR must be pissed.

#6 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

McDermott has done a decent job with what he has, actually. I don't think we should be so swift to put his neck on the chopping block.

Rivera and Chud are the biggest problems with the Panthers right now.

#7 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

You do realize he's one of the most underpaid coaches in the league right? He's on a bargain bin contract. For reference, the 49ers gave Jim Harbaugh a 5-year, $25m deal as a first-time NFL HC.

Yeah, it may be a bargain bin contract, but he's still proven that he's definitely not underpaid. "Underpaid" suggests that he should be making more for the job he's done so far. I most certainly wouldn't try to make that argument.

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Everybody implying that JR hasn't known about contracts is acting ridiculous. He signs the contracts and pays the men. Enough with the JR must be pissed.

Where did I imply that JR didn't know about the contract? LOL.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Of course he knows where his money is going, ALL OF IT.

I'm saying WE didn't know what the contract was, but JR must be pissed today being that he fired Marty and the players are coming out basically saying the problem is elsewhere and yet, he is still on the hook for paying a guy for 2 more years who has already proven to be a mistake.

#9 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Where did I imply that JR didn't know about the contract? LOL.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Of course he knows where his money is going, ALL OF IT.

I'm saying WE didn't know what the contract was, but JR must be pissed today being that he fired Marty and the players are coming out basically saying the problem is elsewhere and yet, he is still on the hook for paying a guy for 2 more years who has already proven to be a mistake.

Chill out

Posted Image

#10 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

who is Jim Harbaugh?

#11 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

who is Jim Harbaugh?

He teaches a pie-chart reading class in California.

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Proudiddy you are better then this, Rivera is making 1/3 that Fox was making if not less. he will be fired if he's not getting the Job done at the end of the season. no if and or buts about it.

#13 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

He teaches a pie-chart reading class in California.

this post is so full of win it amazes me, high five bro, high five!

#14 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Put rivera on defense

#15 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Proudiddy you are better then this, Rivera is making 1/3 that Fox was making if not less. he will be fired if he's not getting the Job done at the end of the season. no if and or buts about it.

It's all good man, sorry if it seems like I overdramatized the initial post... I was just slightly surprised by the years and amount, mainly the amount, because even though Fox made more, I was under the impression that Rivera was signed a bargain bin price. I thought like 1 mil a season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com