Be Careful What You Wish For...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,579 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Well, you guys got what you wanted, Hurney out. But how will this benefit Carolina? Chances are, it may not. The best GM's in the league are already locked down by other teams. The available GM's are available for a reason. A new GM could come in and completly wreck this roster like Seifert did to it in 2001. I have mixed feelings about Hurney being fired. Your Thoughts?

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,336 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

We could wind less???

#3 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hurney was the least of this teams' problems. This could have waited until the end of the season. As long as Rivera is in charge and he's letting Chud call the plays on offense, we are still going to suck. I don't see how this is going to help anything this year.
I think Hurney should go. I just don't see what good it does now.

#4 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Things could be worse?

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,663 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Those thinking Hurney wasn't the biggest problem should go ahead and shoot themselves in the face.

#6 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well, you guys got what you wanted, Hurney out. But how will this benefit Carolina? Chances are, it may not. The best GM's in the league are already locked down by other teams. The available GM's are available for a reason. A new GM could come in and completly wreck this roster like Seifert did to it in 2001. I have mixed feelings about Hurney being fired. Your Thoughts?

I question the timing of the move. I do not question the move itself.

There are plenty of problems here that Hurney didn't cause. But there are plenty that land his lap as well.

We have shown an utter inability to build a roster for years now - stacking talent in odd places and ignoring / misplacing it elsewhere. How long have we been screaming about putting WR talent opposite Smitty? Or about not having more than one good CB? Or about the Safety position being manned by whoever happened to be around? The list goes on. These are things that go as far up the food chain as you can send them and Hurney was it.

It could always be worse - but that's as much fear of the unknown as anything else. We've been so ineffective for so long that I am no longer ok with the devil I know. Let's see the one I don't.

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,165 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Marty had to go at some point and the sooner the better imo.

#8 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Lol.. I see where you are going with this, but how can it be worse? Only thing worse is 0-6.

#9 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Sure things could get worse.. or better. We need to get a young, up and coming GM like the Falcons did a few years back.

#10 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

After hearing CJ's sound bite... I think this was the Wrong move!

Looking at the Rivera hiring from Marty's standpoint. This guy (Rivera) had a pedigree for creating GREAT defenses! This was obviously a huge concern prior to his hiring. I think Marty thought that Rivera was gonna be a great HC... Anybody who's played for Rivera loved him on the D side of the ball...

I think this was the wrong move... But who am I to judge?

Yas' article that I posted here was a Greta read and very insightful... It explained a lot. Hurney being ousted appears to be the wrong move at the moment

#11 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

IMO I'd rather have seen Rivera fired and Hurney stay on.

But, we wanted changes we got them.

#12 PantherBlue

PantherBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Bill Polian past his prime is better than Hurney in his prime, IMO. Not that JR would hire him but he is available.

#13 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Can you guys stop slitting your wrists for 5 minutes and appreciate some good news? "Worst team in the league last 4 years" and you guys are afraid about things getting worse. Newsflash: we're already at rock bottom, guys. What exactly is there to be afraid of? This is good news any way you slice it.

#14 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Those thinking Hurney wasn't the biggest problem should go ahead and shoot themselves in the face.

Let me guess. You think Chud is doing a swell job.

#15 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

How do you think good GMs were found?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com