Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CJ Soundbite On Firing Hurney (MUST HEAR)

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Merrill hoge made a similar comment... was talking about the 4th and 1 call, said the GM doesn't control the play calling...

In response to the Hoge quote, it's true that GMs don't control the playcalling. But there are other things that Hurney was responsible for, and he wasn't getting the job done on those things.

Posted

Only two years since I last said this, but goddamn I'm ready to burn it all down and rebuild AGAIN.

Posted

"I mean I didn-I didn't know the GM, I didn't know he coached you know what I'm sayin? When-Whenever the GM started coaching and all that, but you know if they blame that on him I guess then he take the fall for it."

Posted

SMH...

JR should've ponied up for Harbaugh.

They did but reportedly Harbaugh wouldn't even consider it because he didn't want work for JR.

Posted

Maybe, but I don't see it that way when the players have already came out and openly criticized him. He's lost them. It's pointless to let him finish out the season now. He's lost us too many games to count.

Well it's not like we're going to bring an outside head coach now, we would make either Chud or McDermott the interim head coach. If the players then rally and win a few games around them, do you want that guy to be your head coach next year? If so, ask niner fans how that worked with Mike Singletary, raiders fans with Tom Cable, and Chiefs fans this year with Romeo Crennel.

Posted

Maybe now people will believe me when I tell you things.

Posted

They did but reportedly Harbaugh wouldn't even consider it because he didn't want work for JR.

Where'd you hear that from JR? I don't recall that. From the reports I remember, we never even attempted to make contact with him b/c we knew he'd be out of our price range.

Posted

Maybe now people will believe me when I tell you things.

Your insight just gave me more reason to believe what I was already seeing. I think Rivera lost them last year, now they just can't stand him.

Posted

Gantt has said all along that Harbaugh was contacted for the coaching search, but I never heard that he flat out turned us down

Posted

Gantt has said all along that Harbaugh was contacted for the coaching search, but I never heard that he flat out turned us down

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... And the huge argument on here about whether Gantt was right or JR and Hurney.

I was under the impression that we contacted him b/c I trust Gantt, but I think we found out how much money/power he wanted and we ruled him out very early on.

Posted

Where'd you hear that from JR? I don't recall that. From the reports I remember, we never even attempted to make contact with him b/c we knew he'd be out of our price range.

I don't really remember but I heard it being reported on some national sports show when ....not sure if it is out in print anywhere or not, Had something to do with Harbaugh and Polian being good friends and he wouldn't even respond to the Panthers request to make him and offer. Also it kind of tied into why Luck stayed in school because he was told by Polian and Harbaugh that coming here wasn't in his best interest.

Take all that for what it's worth...just someone reporting something that they supposedly had an inside track on. I remember thinking at the time that he was very convincing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't really remember but I heard it being reported on some national sports show when ....not sure if it is out in print anywhere or not, Had something to do with Harbaugh and Polian being good friends and he wouldn't even respond to the Panthers request to make him and offer. Also it kind of tied into why Luck stayed in school because he was told by Polian and Harbaugh that coming here wasn't in his best interest.

Take all that for what it's worth...just someone reporting something that they supposedly had an inside track on. I remember thinking at the time that he was very convincing.

Wow, hadn't heard all of that before but it makes plenty of sense.