Photo
- - - - -

CJ Soundbite On Firing Hurney (MUST HEAR)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

They did but reportedly Harbaugh wouldn't even consider it because he didn't want work for JR.

Where'd you hear that from JR? I don't recall that. From the reports I remember, we never even attempted to make contact with him b/c we knew he'd be out of our price range.

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Maybe now people will believe me when I tell you things.

Your insight just gave me more reason to believe what I was already seeing. I think Rivera lost them last year, now they just can't stand him.

#33 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Gantt has said all along that Harbaugh was contacted for the coaching search, but I never heard that he flat out turned us down

#34 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Gantt has said all along that Harbaugh was contacted for the coaching search, but I never heard that he flat out turned us down

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... And the huge argument on here about whether Gantt was right or JR and Hurney.

I was under the impression that we contacted him b/c I trust Gantt, but I think we found out how much money/power he wanted and we ruled him out very early on.

#35 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Where'd you hear that from JR? I don't recall that. From the reports I remember, we never even attempted to make contact with him b/c we knew he'd be out of our price range.

I don't really remember but I heard it being reported on some national sports show when ....not sure if it is out in print anywhere or not, Had something to do with Harbaugh and Polian being good friends and he wouldn't even respond to the Panthers request to make him and offer. Also it kind of tied into why Luck stayed in school because he was told by Polian and Harbaugh that coming here wasn't in his best interest.

Take all that for what it's worth...just someone reporting something that they supposedly had an inside track on. I remember thinking at the time that he was very convincing.

#36 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

I don't really remember but I heard it being reported on some national sports show when ....not sure if it is out in print anywhere or not, Had something to do with Harbaugh and Polian being good friends and he wouldn't even respond to the Panthers request to make him and offer. Also it kind of tied into why Luck stayed in school because he was told by Polian and Harbaugh that coming here wasn't in his best interest.

Take all that for what it's worth...just someone reporting something that they supposedly had an inside track on. I remember thinking at the time that he was very convincing.

Wow, hadn't heard all of that before but it makes plenty of sense.

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Well, before the game I made a thread about Kalil's tweet being a clear sign the players know how to fix the glaring holes.....and it is a coaching issue.

People said I was reading 2 much into and a grown ass man who starts as a NFL C just liked to buy other people's jerseys to wear.

#38 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

Luck's dad came out after his decision to stay in school and said that going to the Panthers had zero to do with them owning the top pick. It sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

#39 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

the poor talent level on the team.

Lmao

Wtf is this guy smoking?

#40 Panther4Ever

Panther4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Can we fire Charles Johnson's dumb ass?

#41 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Maybe now people will believe me when I tell you things.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!!!

#42 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

How many times was Rivera always on the interview list for HC gigs and never offered a position?

#43 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

How many times was Rivera always on the interview list for HC gigs and never offered a position?

As many justices on the supreme court

#44 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Wow, hadn't heard all of that before but it makes plenty of sense.

Not famliar with derp but this is very simliar to what I heard from a national reporter on some sports talk radio show. Like I said, take it for what it is worth...

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/5/25/3043109/carolina-panthers-turning-points-bill-polian

The Carolina Panthers were looking to hire Jim Harbaugh as their new head coach. The organization can deny it, but there's credible evidence that they had targeted him. However, Harbaugh was close to Polian and the Colts organization. This surely impacted his decision to rebuff the Panthers. In turn, Peyton advised Andrew Luck to stay in school one more year. That's right... there's a reasonable chance that if Polian and Richardson remained close that Harbaugh and Luck could have left Stanford as a package deal to arrive in Carolina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com