Photo
- - - - -

Pat Yasinska's article on firing (Must Read)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

I believe Rivera is gone after the season is over...and I'm perfectly fine with that.

#32 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

One outta two ain't bad...

you must have missed the part where Googoodan said the Panthers would be undefeated if they played the AFCW. I don't see it happening, particularly with all the in juries that Carolina has suffered the last few weeks.

If they go 2-2 against the AFCW, I'll be impressed!

#33 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

you must have missed the part where Googoodan said the Panthers would be undefeated if they played the AFCW. I don't see it happening, particularly with all the in juries that Carolina has suffered the last few weeks.

I agree that neither Denver or San Diego are pushovers & we'd walk through them, but I don't see SD as a legit playoff team.

#34 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I agree that neither Denver or San Diego are pushovers & we'd walk through them, but I don't see SD as a legit playoff team.

Fair enough, i did say they were 'play-off contenders' and right now any .500 team in the AFC is just that.

#35 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Fair enough, i did say they were 'play-off contenders' and right now any .500 team in the AFC is just that.

Cool I can see that.

#36 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm just gonna post the link... Way too much Info to cut quotes. It just won't do it justice

http://espn.go.com/b...o-carolina-fans

Start with Hurneys Biggest mistake Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire and trade his ass. then fire the entire coaching staff and hand the reigns over to someone that can do something with this franchise

#37 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

One word to describe the state of this franchise/mindset of Richardson:

Bloodletting.

#38 beasonfanclub

beasonfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Start with Hurneys Biggest mistake Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire and trade his ass. then fire the entire coaching staff and hand the reigns over to someone that can do something with this franchise

damn.....you must be a whiney-ass bama fan or some other sec loser who just hates cam......he is the real deal.....chud should have been axed then re-eval from there

#39 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Great read...IMO, Hurney was on his way out anyways if we had another losing season and at 1-5 JR needed to send a message to the entire organization. The players defending him must remember that Hurney didn't pay them, Richardson does. I think if the O continues to struggle after week 8, chud is next and Shula takes over as O coordinator. JR is going to stay in house with the next GM, giving Rivera the rest of this season and next to see if he's the long term answer.

#40 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

we weren't so bad on injuries the first 3 weeks of the season. (which is when the falcons played them; while we had two divisional games and the reigning champs)

kc would've been a pushover (like it was for the falcons)
denver could've gone either way - i wouldn't have called them a contender until the san diego game
san diego has beaten 3 sorry teams and lost to the taints; i can't call them a contender

point being, switch the first three games of the schedule and you get very different records

#41 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Again, I feel bad for Hurney. He wasn't great, especially since 09. But, prior to that, it could be argued that he was.

My problem with the move is that it serves no purpose for the time being. This was the wrong guy to fire if you wanted to make a statement. Most of the fans and the players don't believe in Rivera/Chud anymore, so why not can them instead. That will send a message more than firing the GM during the season when most likely, he wouldn't be doing anything that affected W/L records at this point.

People can say what they want, but this team does have ENOUGH talent to make it to the playoffs. Coaching is why we are 1-5. There is no reason we shouldn't be 3-3 right now with the team as-is. The coaching sucks. The players want the coaches gone, yet, they're not... And now we have 53 guys playing for a staff they hate.

Oh well... Another lost season.

Its is clear that Rivera has lost the players. I believe that their disdain for this move had more to do with their dislike of Rivera than their love for Hurney. Well, that goes for the ones that aren't getting paid franchise money.

#42 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

If there is more blood letting I think Chud will go next.

#43 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,665 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Anybody think Shula and Cam has a better relationship than Cam and Chud

It seems so

#44 Galvatron

Galvatron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Weinke for OC! (Only half-kidding) :-|

#45 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Anybody think Shula and Cam has a better relationship than Cam and Chud

It seems so

NFL.com has started the Bill Cowher rumor. I could see them getting Cowher and letting him pick his GM.

http://m.nfl.com/new...-put-on-notice/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com