I think we win starting this second half of the season

#17 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Message sent: Produce or get ready to rent the U-haul.

I say we see a different attitude beginning next Sunday. Not saying we win, but a new attitude will be a huge improvement. As optimistic as the next guy, until mathematically eliminated - we still have a shot at a decent season. I think JR saw this as the last chance to "send the message" while there is still time to salvage a season that would be an improvement from last year.

HC needs to "read tween the lines" on this. New GM will mean he needs to turn it around and show a good reason to retain him. I wouldn't be surprised if things look bad again next week, you might see another headline regarding offense next Monday.

I look at it like this - if the season is lost, then why wait 1 minute longer to indoctrinate your team to a new philosophy. Now, right now the season is not totally lost - so there is still time for the coaching staff to get a clue and alter their course.

Hey Chud - the defintion of insanity is doing the same thing over and over (read option) and expecting a different result. Maybe you need to read tween the lines today as well.

#18 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

as soon as RR is sent packing we will start winning

#19 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

false...according to this link....http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/deangelo-williams/

We still owe him 9.6 million in guarantees and his scheduled cap hit next season is 8.7.. So we could cut him for future benefit but it would cost us 700k in net cap space.

If we waited until after the 13 season we could cut him for 6.4 million vs his cap hit of 9.2 of the 14 season which would save us 2.8 million that season plus 10.2 the next.

Not quite right...

The $9.6 million is money that has already been paid, but has not yet hit as a cap charge. He got a signing bonus of $16 million and it was a 5 year deal. While DWill already got all the cash, for cap purposes, the $16 million is divided up among the 5 years of the deal. So, we could cut him tomorrow, and JR would not have to pay him a penny more (except the balance of his 2012 salary), but $9.6 million would hit the cap.

The one out is that we can divide that cap hit up over 2 years if we do it after the beginning of the league year in March. Under the new CBA, we can designate 2 players as post June 1st cuts, but do it early, i.e. in March. That's what we did with Wharton last year.

So, if we do that, we take a $4.8 million cap hit next year. but we save his salary of $4.75 million. In other words, it's pretty much a wash.

We could take a similar approach with Beason. In both cases, we already have their replacements on the roster in Stewart and Kuechly. That is not the case with CJ for example. Not only would we take the cap hit, we would have to replace him with a DE not on the roster, and those don't come cheap.

I hope this explanation was helpful.

#20 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,485 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hell naw....

#21 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

October 28, 2012

of course

nice...wait a minute, did you start "THAT" thread early?...slickster!

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,485 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

With the right head coach and GM... Next year!

#23 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Message sent: Produce or get ready to rent the U-haul.

I say we see a different attitude beginning next Sunday. Not saying we win, but a new attitude will be a huge improvement. As optimistic as the next guy, until mathematically eliminated - we still have a shot at a decent season. I think JR saw this as the last chance to "send the message" while there is still time to salvage a season that would be an improvement from last year.

HC needs to "read tween the lines" on this. New GM will mean he needs to turn it around and show a good reason to retain him. I wouldn't be surprised if things look bad again next week, you might see another headline regarding offense next Monday.

I look at it like this - if the season is lost, then why wait 1 minute longer to indoctrinate your team to a new philosophy. Now, right now the season is not totally lost - so there is still time for the coaching staff to get a clue and alter their course.

Hey Chud - the defintion of insanity is doing the same thing over and over (read option) and expecting a different result. Maybe you need to read tween the lines today as well.

^^THIS^^ I'll bet Old Ron is pulling a Dom Capers, held up in his office every night this week watching film on Chicago...The Heat Is On.

#24 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

If we go 7-9 this season that would be nice

#25 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

r u kidding, we win starting this sunday. Players will be playing for their jobs and caoches will be making sure they do. I fully expect a blowout of the bears.

I wish it were true.

#26 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

next season 8-8, season after playoffs. we arent far away from a team that can contend. its not like we have been blown-out. other than the giants, we have hung with every team till the end. we just need to find a way to put up another touchdown a game and we would be 4-2 .

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,591 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

High salary cap number this year plus new GM next year generally equals rebuilding season.

Not getting my hopes up for next season at this point.

#28 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

#29 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,716 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

r u kidding, we win starting this sunday. Players will be playing for their jobs and caoches will be making sure they do. I fully expect a blowout of the bears.

You do realize we're going up against the Bears. The motherfuging Bears. The motherfuging Bears who's defense puts up points at any given moment and or shuts out potent offenses, right? Right?!

#30 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'll be optimistic and say we sweep the AFC West. Even the Denver Broncos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com