Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should We Fire Chud and Promote Shula?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we should just for the rest of the year. If he does good, keep him there. IF not, find someone else and he'll go back to being the QB coach.

Posted

I think Chud may be gone by Wednesday.

He struggles with run blocking schemes. I remember Tolbert attempting to block Ware on one of Williams runs. At first I was like "What the hell was that Tolbert" ......... but on further thought, there's no way a fullback should be asked to block Ware.

Posted

No, at least not yet... Rivera should walk into Chud's office and tell him we're going to run the ball more - out of traditional running formations. He should tell him that his gameplan for the Bears better include several running plays out of more traditional NFL running formations.

Chud: "Jerry said you're not the boss of me!"

Posted

I say no. I wouldn't mind it but I still think Chud can get the job done.

Draft another beast of a TE and go back to running more 2 TE formations n GO DEEP

Posted

All for firing Chud, not on board with promoting Shula.

Posted

Not going to bring in a new system in a week. We are stuck with this coaching staff till the end of the year

Shula can run the offense.....use the playbook we have. Just call the right plays and use formations installed last year.

1 person likes this

Posted

All for firing Chud, not on board with promoting Shula.

Got have a body inside to fire Chud. Shula is old school....so letting him pick out those plays from our current playbook wouldn't be bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shula can run the offense.....use the playbook we have. Just call the right plays and use formations installed last year.

Last years system was last year! We have a whole new system this year and that is the problem. Our base is the read option, our whole offense has centered around that from the start of TC. Its also why we can't run pro sets and a traditional offense. The best we could do now is to use more 4 and 5 WR sets like WAS does to mix it up.

Posted

Last years system was last year! We have a whole new system this year and that is the problem. Our base is the read option, our whole offense has centered around that from the start of TC. Its also why we can't run pro sets and a traditional offense. The best we could do now is to use more 4 and 5 WR sets like WAS does to mix it up.

Those plays last year are still in the playbook.....

Posted

Those plays last year are still in the playbook.....

Yea the 2011 Playbook. Team has not practiced that stuff in over a year. It would be more of a disaster then what's going on now.

Posted

Really we know what we're getting from Chud. Read option every single game for the rest of the year that continues to fail. Why not let Shula take over the rest of the season? Not like he can do worse. Only equal it.

Posted

Yea the 2011 Playbook. Team has not practiced that stuff in over a year. It would be more of a disaster then what's going on now.

'

You can't get much worse than whats going on now. Only equal it as i said above. Read option isn't working at all. Try something different. If it doesn't work, oh well Shula goes back to coaching QBs.