#1 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

So after all the news today it seems that we are going to clean house so with that what players do you think will be gone next year?

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Depends on the new GM and his theory on team development and cap management. COuld very well be our top paid guys unless they want to restructure big time. CJ, D-Will, etc.

#3 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'll be shocked if DeAngelo is back next year.
I think there's a good chance that Smitty will retire.
A new GM may decide that Beason's contract isn't worth keeping around, especially if Kuechly keeps developing well.

#4 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

The trouble is that the contracts are structured with massive signing bonuses that can make it even more costly to cut/trade a player than to keep them. It's a tough spot to be in and one that doesn't have an easy solution.

#5 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think DWill is gone, Beason maybe and another maybe is gamble CJ stays because who are we gonna replace him with?

Outside of that its anyone's guess

#6 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

You know i didnt even think about that if you are smitty and we let you go or try to trade you do you just retire? or do you put in the work and learn a new playbook at his age.

#7 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,572 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Depends on the new GM and his theory on team development and cap management. COuld very well be our top paid guys unless they want to restructure big time. CJ, D-Will, etc.

The first place to look is at the big contracts and Nakamuri I hope.

#8 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hardy
Williams
Nakamura
Munnerlyn

Maybe
Beason
Gettis

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

The trouble is that the contracts are structured with massive signing bonuses that can make it even more costly to cut/trade a player than to keep them. It's a tough spot to be in and one that doesn't have an easy solution.

Not DeAngelo's. It's structured that we can cut him after this year and owe him nothing.

#10 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

CJ is looking to be a cancer and may be eradicated.

#11 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

For example, DeAngelo Williams (since I know that's a common one people will bring up) would have a $9.6 million cap hit if released or traded this offseason as his signing bonus accelerates. That's slightly more than if we keep him, although it does free up a significant amount in the future. It's really going to take a year or two for the team to be in a good situation cap wise.

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I suspect both DWill and Beason will be designated as post June 1st cuts to spread the hit out over two years.

As to others, we'll probably see a big shakeup on the O-line, with guys like Hangman gone and Gross offered a restructure with a paycut quietly implemented.

Godfrey is probably in trouble as well. Gamble will be offered a reasonable restructure to lessen his cap hit. If he doesn't bite, he may be let go, only because he is paid too much, not because he isn't good.

Hardy probably stays on roster but gets demoted eventually.

#13 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hardy
Williams
Nakamura
Munnerlyn

Maybe
Beason
Gettis

You realize that if Gettis doesn't seen the field this year then he will have not played for the entirety of a coaching staff regime. There's literally no chance he sticks.

#14 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Not DeAngelo's. It's structured that we can cut him after this year and owe him nothing.

False.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

For example, DeAngelo Williams (since I know that's a common one people will bring up) would have a $9.6 million cap hit if released or traded this offseason as his signing bonuses accelerates. That's slightly more than if we keep him, although it does free up a significant amount in the future. It's really going to take a year or two for the team to be in a good situation cap wise.

I could've sworn I'd read that his contract was structured so that he could be released after this season with no hit. If what you wrote is true, then fug, that contract truly was a junk show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.