Photo
- - - - -

So I tune into talk radio a few minutes ago...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

...and all they are talking about is Cam Newton. The same thing happened earlier today when I watched NFL network.

Somebody please explain to me why Hurney gets fired, and all they talk about is Cam Newton? Please, because I don't get it.

What am I missing?

#2 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,318 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Sirius NFL Network? I heard that too. They were destroying Cam for being immature. They said, if Cam says something needs to change, then he should improve himself, and stop being so vague.

#3 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Stay away from sports talk tv and radio.

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

FUG em all imo...

Media: Cam has a great game with a W... This kid is dynamic and changes the game

Media: Cam has a mediocre game in L... This kid is immature and needs to grow up

FUG erybody in the media!

#5 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

because Cam got Hurney fired :rolleyes:

#6 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

For the same reason they cover The Golden Calf of Bristol to the extent they do...people tune in

#7 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Cam is to WFNZ what The Golden Calf of Bristol was last year to ESPN. Both bring big ratings, so they'd rather talk about what Cam had to eat than anything substantive on most shows.

#8 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

he's my QB and I love him but..................

He needs to grow up.

Look out when he gets it!

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

This forum is going the way of sports radio. I don't think I've ever seen the trolling this bad.

#10 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

he's my QB and I love him but..................

He needs to grow up.

Look out when he gets it!

Grow up how? What the fug are you talking about? All he said is that something needs to change and he isn't the OC WHICH IS TRUE. They wanted to him to stop "moping" in his games and press conferences and he did. Now they want him to smile and say everything is OM at 1-5.

The sports media has an agenda just like any news other news outlet.

#11 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

This forum is going the way of sports radio. I don't think I've ever seen the trolling this bad.

Zod rathers views than banning trolls and keeping this forum on topic, sad but true. Not only is our team at the bottom of the NFL, but this forum has easily become one of the worst sports forum on the net.

#12 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

I turned off the radio as soon as Marc James went on his Cam Newton/Andrew Luck rant. Especially when they started talking about whether or not the new GM should look at getting rid of Cam. As if a new GM is going to make that call.

#13 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

A lot of these big market analysts simply don't know enough about our team to have a valid opinion. It's fine for JA Adande to give Dwight Howard and Matt Barkley reach-arounds in LA, but we find out how much he knows about our market when he goes on Around The Horn saying "Cam needs to step up and take the blame and accept responsibility and criticize his own play." It's almost as if he has no idea that Cam said the EXACT same thing every week before this one.

The bottom line is 90% of NFL fans don't know/care who Marty Hurney is and if a show First Take did a segment on Hurney's questionable moves as a GM their ratings plummet. But fans sure do love to see people pile and rag on Cam, so that's what we get, justified or not. It's great.

#14 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Grow up how? What the fug are you talking about? All he said is that something needs to change and he isn't the OC WHICH IS TRUE. They wanted to him to stop "moping" in his games and press conferences and he did. Now they want him to smile and say everything is OM at 1-5.

The sports media has an agenda just like any news other news outlet.

He's the leader of this team................act like it.

As a Panther fan........... that was an embarrasing press conference.

#15 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

I turned off the radio as soon as Marc James went on his Cam Newton/Andrew Luck rant. Especially when they started talking about whether or not the new GM should look at getting rid of Cam. As if a new GM is going to make that call.

You mean it doesn't make total sense to get rid of the greatest rookie and freak in NFL history after year 2? Especially when guys like Alex Smith get 8 years? Marc with a "c" has literally lost his mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.