• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

It is amazing to me that we have attempted only 2 field goals the entire season. Is that some kind of record? We were all extremely worried about the kicking situation and it has been extremely irrelevant thus far in the season.

#2 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

That's what happens when your offense is read option left, read option right, sack, punt.

#3 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

It is amazing to me that we have attempted only 2 field goals the entire season. Is that some kind of record? We were all extremely worried about the kicking situation and it has been extremely irrelevant thus far in the season.

Has it been two... I only recall one attempt :-) I was talking about this on Sunday , when hoping we might be in the position for a game winning try.

#4 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

It's pretty much a TD or a turnover for this team. What worries me is that he has so little experience in real game situations, he liable to choke the first chance he gets from beyond 40yds.

#5 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

go thing we got rid of Mare.

not only is he not kicking FG's........he ain't kicking off very much either.

#6 crack0saur

crack0saur

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

#1 kushy nfl job.

#7 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

What's Medlock think of it, NJPanthers? I'm sure you have him on your speed dial and all? Send him a text

#8 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Remember when a punt was considered a good play and the Panthers won low scoring games with only Kasay field goals?

Never thought I'd miss those days.

#9 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

We're only averaging about 18 points a game, I'm not worried about field goals.

#10 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Chud is the ultimate anti-Fox. We get inside the 40, and we start passing the ball trying to get close or score, while Fox would have run 3 times to try to get in better FG range.

So what happens when we do it Chud's way? We either score 7, or Cam takes a big sack taking us out of FG range. That's why we only have 2 attempts.

#11 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Remember when a punt was considered a good play and the Panthers won low scoring games with only Kasay field goals?

Never thought I'd miss those days.

I dont miss those days either..Yes winning a few games was nice, but I will not settle for that with the offense we have right now. We should be putting up 28 points+ every game.

#12 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Chud is the ultimate anti-Fox. We get inside the 40, and we start passing the ball trying to get close or score, while Fox would have run 3 times to try to get in better FG range.

So what happens when we do it Chud's way? We either score 7, or Cam takes a big sack taking us out of FG range. That's why we only have 2 attempts.

This, I was going to say I can think of plenty of occasions where we were on the fringe of FG range, and that's when we either get set back by penalties or sacks that move us out of range and we bring on Nortman. We aren't stalling between the goal line and the 30.

#13 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I dont miss those days either..Yes winning a few games was nice, but I will not settle for that with the offense we have right now. We should be putting up 28 points+ every game.

Agreed, based on last year's performance we should be much better on offense.

It is almost like someone within this organization does not like having an entertaining, high powered offense.

1999 and 2011 were this organizations most productive seasons for QBs and the very next year, in both cases, we did away with winning formulas and reverted to pathetic offenses. Why?

A little wishful thinking: We should bring in Gil Haskell as an Offensive Quality Control adviser for the rest of the season since he fielded the highest octane offense this team has ever had. I believe he is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.