Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheMaulClaw

Cam Newton needs real competition.

169 posts in this topic

He wasn't given the job day one if I remember correctly and I do! Jimmy was the starter going into Camp and started the first preseason game. You don't bring somebody in to compete with your franchise qb. You build around him and put him in positions to succeed. Fumbles our part of the game, Interceptions are part of the game, if a Cam interception means an automatic loss that says more about the team than it does about the quarterback.

1 person likes this

He wasn't given the job day one if I remember correctly and I do! Jimmy was the starter going into Camp and started the first preseason game. You don't bring somebody in to compete with your franchise qb. You build around him and put him in positions to succeed. Fumbles our part of the game, Interceptions are part of the game, if a Cam interception means an automatic loss that says more about the team than it does about the quarterback.

he absolutely was not "handed the job". the usual suspects were crying and gnashing their teeth screaming "sham competition!" when pickles and anderson didn't win the job but that was to be expected. you remember correctly, congrats.

i wonder how many of these cumfarts who are mad because we're "not winning" would have gladly gone 0-16 last season for another chance at andrew luck.

2 people like this

I would draft Landry Jones

I would not draft a QB in the first round.

Makes perfect sense.

Jones isn't a lock to go round 1.

He's the best player on the worst team in the league....congrats to him. How many game winning drives does he have? How many turnovers in the fourth qtr? Let's not bring in any competition for our vaunted 1-5 QB that has an attitude problem.

Not sure that he is our best player. Right now that goes to kuechly.

1 person likes this

Somebody get Kerry Collins on the phone. Let's "Jeff Fisher" this guy!

Are you seriously saying that Jimmy Clausen was serious competition? HARHAR HEUHEU HO!

Jones isn't a lock to go round 1.

Unless he blows out a knee, yes he is.

Are you seriously saying that Jimmy Clausen was serious competition? HARHAR HEUHEU HO!

man he looks so dumb.

the only way it'd be worse is if he was posting about blowing a second or third round pick on a quarterback as "competition" for a job said rookie would never win.

Not sure that he is our best player. Right now that goes to kuechly.

Truth. How about player with most "potential" ?

I just don't understand how so many people think that competition is a bad thing.

Unless he blows out a knee, yes he is.

Some of the draft boards I was looking at had him in the second round. You could be right. Either way Nassib looks good too.

Yea I'm letting it go my point was he wasn't just handed the job. Jimmy started out getting the first team reps. Say what you want but Jimmy was given a chance to win that job. Of course he wasn't going to win it because he doesn't have Cam's talent but they gave him a shot.