• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#16 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

It takes up a roster spot & cap space we could use to fix things that are actually broken on this team.

It just might be something that's broken on this team. I get the feeling that some of those guys in that locker room think the same thing.

#17 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

He's the best player on the worst team in the league....congrats to him. How many game winning drives does he have? How many turnovers in the fourth qtr? Let's not bring in any competition for our vaunted 1-5 QB that has an attitude problem.

Ok who do we bring in and for how much?

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Our fanbase doesn't deserve a franchise qb, whether it be Cam or whoever.

Just a mob of women on their menstrual cycles.

#19 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

It just might be something that's broken on this team. I get the feeling that some of those guys in that locker room think the same thing.

So you'll take a $X million cap hit just to see if something is broken or not because of a feeling you get from a bunch of guys you've likely never met & if you have only briefly?

#20 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Ok who do we bring in and for how much?

If Landry Jones fell to the fourth it would be a miracle.....but I'd consider him. FA wise...there's not a whole lot out there this coming year.

#21 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

So you'll take a $X million cap hit just to see if something is broken or not because of a feeling you get from a bunch of guys you've likely never met & if you have only briefly?

Doesn't have to be millions thanks to the new CBA. You can pick up some quality talent in the second or third round and not have to pay big bucks. I.E. Andy Dalton.

#22 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Dumb thread is dumb.

#23 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I think there is probably a direct link between Cam supporters and Obama supporters.

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

I didn't say cut the guy, I said bring in someone who can play and let them duke it out in training camp next year.....let the best man win.

He's too selfish. Cutting him is the only way.

#25 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Alright who the hell are you going to sign that can compete with him?

#26 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

MaulClaw is a troll in hiding, and I don't even use that word. Cam hater who doesn't see him objectively. Of course he's been the QB from day one, he was picked #1 overall. Don't be foolish. Sorry we didn't throw games away starting Clausen or Anderson last year (ahem, Cam went on to break records of the greats) but he's on a shorter term contract and doesn't have a season to sit and do nothing. He's been fine this year save the Seahawks game. The scheme is terrible and his supporting cast outside of smitty and olsen is overrated.

#27 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Doesn't have to be millions thanks to the new CBA. You can pick up some quality talent in the second or third round and not have to pay big bucks. I.E. Andy Dalton.

So you would spend a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick on something that "might" be broken because of a feeling you get from guys you've never met or if you have only briefly? Rounds where starting QB talent is fairly rare but starting O-line, D-line TE & DB is found on a regular basis. Positions that we know we need help in.

#28 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

MaulClaw is a troll in hiding, and I don't even use that word. Cam hater who doesn't see him objectively. Of course he's been the QB from day one, he was picked #1 overall. Don't be foolish. Sorry we didn't throw games away starting Clausen or Anderson last year (ahem, Cam went on to break records of the greats) but he's on a shorter term contract and doesn't have a season to sit and do nothing. He's been fine this year save the Seahawks game. The scheme is terrible and his supporting cast outside of smitty and olsen is overrated.

I've loved this team since the first year. I was as excited as anyone when we drafted Cam. I was very excited coming into this year. I've spent a lot of money on this team. I don't need to prove myself in that regard. I had people hating on me when I said a few weeks back Hurney needed to be fired and started that petition. And if you go back and look at my post you'll find I've been mostly right.

Cam needs competition. He might be too insulted by it if we do. If he is let him walk. There are no sacred cows when it comes to getting to the SB.

#29 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

So you would spend a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick on something that "might" be broken because of a feeling you get from guys you've never met or if you have only briefly? Rounds where starting QB talent is fairly rare but starting O-line, D-line TE & DB is found on a regular basis. Positions that we know we need help in.

A gut feeling no. Look at his record and his turnover's. Any other QB in the league wouldn't get the pass that Cam Newton gets.

#30 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

The Trolling alarm has been raging all day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com