• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#76 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

So let me see if I am understanding you correctly. We just fired a GM for questionable contracts and tying up too much money in positions we already had quality players at. And now you want to spend the type of money it would take to bring in a plausible QB to over take Cam as a starter just so he has "competition".

To bring in someone who could plausibly over take Cam, would take a fortune at the QB position. I would rather spend that money on the cheaper positions of safety and DT where we actually need the help.

Once again a thread that makes me laugh when people overly criticize GMs.

I'm not talking about shelling out big contracts. Second to fourth round draft picks don't make established starter money.

#77 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I can see that but if you take the read option out of our offense, I think that D Anderson would do a very good job at runing our O.

I agree with that as well.

#78 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Tell me how.

Similar height and stature. Both have the ability to run. Vince Young just won more games his first two years.

#79 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,307 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Similar height and stature. Both have the ability to run. Vince Young just won more games his first two years.

No, the Titans won more games than Carolina.

Cam is better. Much better thrower and runner. Vince had a D and a run game. Cam can't play that kind of QB.....coaches don't allow it.

#80 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Cam is the least of our worries.

I think we need to bring in another OC for competition.

#81 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Of all the things this team desperately needs, competition for Cam is not even on the menu. Fail :thumbsd:

#82 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Of all the things this team desperately needs, competition for Cam is not even on the menu. Fail :thumbsd:

Your delusional if you think he doesn't need competition. He's pissed away the last 3 games. When we keep losing we'll see what everyone says then.

#83 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

No, the Titans won more games than Carolina.

Cam is better. Much better thrower and runner. Vince had a D and a run game. Cam can't play that kind of QB.....coaches don't allow it.

He had a better run game because he could actually take a snap under center.

#84 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Your delusional if you think he doesn't need competition. He's pissed away the last 3 games. When we keep losing we'll see what everyone says then.

Question. Does Dalton, Bradford, or Stafford need competition?

#85 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Question. Does Dalton, Bradford, or Stafford need competition?

They all have better records then Cam has. Dalton beat Cam last year. Stafford and Bradford have both been to the playoffs.

#86 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Thanks Dr. "TheMaulClaw" for your prognosis of my state of mind. :nurse:

I am fairly confident if the Panthers revert to an offensive game plan similar to last year's most of Cam's issues will magically disappear.

Now, either this Coaching Staff can figure that out or the one that replaces them next year will. Either way, more QB competition will not address what currently ails Cam.

You can take that prescription for a healthy offense to the bank. :cigar:

#87 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Thanks Dr. "TheMaulClaw" for your prognosis of my state of mind. :nurse:

I am fairly confident if the Panthers revert to an offensive game plan similar to last year's most of Cam's issues will magically disappear.

Now, either this Coaching Staff can figure that out or the one that replaces them next year will. Either way, more QB competition will not address what currently ails Cam.

You can take that prescription for a healthy offense to the bank. :cigar:

Cam may become a serviceable QB one day. But not here....he's damage goods. He seems like he doesn't even want to be here.

#88 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

He had a better run game because he could actually take a snap under center.

Cam took hundreds of snaps under center last year, and probably has 50-60 so far this year. You just keep digging yourself deeper.

#89 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

They all have better records then Cam has. Dalton beat Cam last year. Stafford and Bradford have both been to the playoffs.

So is that a yes or a no?

#90 Guest_coltboy19_*

Guest_coltboy19_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

It takes up a roster spot & cap space we could use to fix things that are actually broken on this team.

whats one roster spot on this team? and you dont think CAMERON is broken? mr. claw, ur a very thoughtful and wise young man, very enlightened thinking from a panthers fan, very refreshing! the CAMERON worshippers r trashing u too, arent they? stand firm, remember, the first one through the wall always gets bloody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com