#106 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

it depends on their work ethic.

cam's mistakes aren't like all those other guys...esp. guys like ryan leaf, VY, jamarcus russel, and david carr.

lumping all these QBs in together is quite frankly weak, but whatever. you've got a point to make and you're going to be grasping at whatever straws you can find.

many of those guys did have competition, though. VY had collins, leinart had warner, grossman had orton, harrington had garthia, quinn had DA. competition didn't help any of those guys. they just sucked.

ryan leaf was just bad. he was known for having a poor work ethic, just like russel. neither one of those guys had much of anything to offer other than being a big guy with a cannon for an arm....mainly the cannon...and were overrated because of that. they came with very little in the way of a history of working hard or had much to offer in terms of mechanics. teams foolishly thought that the rest could be coached up, even though they had no history of doing that or being receptive to that. leaf was a headcase who cursed out everyone and attacked reporters. russell was more interested in showing off his money than he was earning it. cam has nowhere near the issues that those two had.

david carr and VY were both shell-shocked players for different reasons. carr couldn't handle the pressure on the field and VY couldn't handle the pressure off the field. neither have shown the fighting spirit or the mental toughness that cam has shown. granted, cam needs to grow more there, but both of those guys gave up in one way or another...esp. VY. i doubt either guy would have ever been able to handle the pressure of the game full time which is why you see them on the bench, if they're lucky. cam may have pouted, but he's nowhere near the mess that either one of those two guys are.

harrington was overrated, but still was the victim of being on a very bad team with some of the worst management the league has ever seen (worse than the mess we have here, believe it or not).

quinn was just flat overrated because of where he went to school and who his coach was.

kerry collins problems were that he was a pathetic racist drunk who quit on his team and who never liked it here because of the color of the uniform.

you are reaching for reasons to hate on newton, but keep on, though. it's always funny to see what lengths people's narrow/closedmindedness will go to in trying to drag that guy down into the hole that fellow closed-minded people tried to paint him into before he was drafted.

Im not reaching dude. I was happy we drafted him. BTW when they brought in Warner to compete with Leinart what did the Cardinals do........went to the Superbowl.....thx for proving point. I don't hate Newt.....just wish he wasn't such a dumbfug with the football.

#107 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

I love how you state that we should have beaten the best team in the NFL had Cam Newton not had the ball knocked out by his own teammate...

Yet fail to mention on 1 and 10 with a minute to go at the 1 yard line with no timeouts...ATL was able to Kick a FG,,,

Somehow, the 2nd year QB that offense put up over 25 points in that game is responsible. A fumble that was not even lost.

You are the definition of a Hater.

I think it's funny how you say Cam hasn't had anyone around him to win games. Now your saying he was the reason we could have beat Atlanta. You're a contradictory douche.

#108 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Half of the fan base is not beginning to worry. Sunday it looked like everyone that was at the game was not worried about Cam. It looks likes most of the people on here are not worried about Cam. Cam was and is the best rookie QB to ever play the game on rookie stats alone. If you cannot wait for him to develop watch another team until a few years pass and he really can be evaluated. No one in the NFL cares about using high picks and big money on back-ups.

So we didn't fire Marty Hurney cause he drafted that overgrown kid...ok.

#109 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

lol...nothing you tried to prove got proven and you most certainly are reaching, but whatever.....

I don't hate Newt.....just wish he wasn't such a dumbfug with the football.

smh

#110 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

lol...nothing you tried to prove got proven and you most certainly are reaching, but whatever.....
smh

I couldn't prove anything to you dumbfugs even though it's already proven because you would probably let your wife fug Cam and then ask for his autograph.

#111 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

you would probably let your wife fug Cam and then ask for his autograph.

My fellow Atlanta fans were the exact same way with Mike Vick.

#112 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Honestly, it's not a terrible plan, but it's not because Cam suck, it's because every player needs competition. Competition brings out the best in everyone.

Do I want him to be like Sanchez and be all like, "NAH MAN, The Golden Calf of Bristol'S MY BFF. WE GOT DIS"? fug no.

I want him to say that, "The Panthers brought in player X to push me? Fine. They'll see the best QB play they've ever seen. No one is taking my job."

#113 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

It bothers me that the guy has been handed this job since day one and hasn't had to fight for a spot just like everyone else on the roster. This guy needs to know he can lose his job if he doesn't perform. This organization up to this point hasn't been serious about challenging him in that way.

I know what his supporters say....it's the play calling, he hasn't had time in the pocket, there's no one opposite Steve Smith...but I digress.

Cam hasn't helped this offensive line at all. He takes to long progressing through his reads, he doesn't hot route on the blitz well, his footwork and indecisiveness in the pocket causes the passing lanes to close. Sometimes it looks like he doesn't know whether to run or pass and by the time he decides he's too late. His ball security in the clutch is atrocious. If he protects the ball better we win the last three games.

I really want the new FO to fix this, whether that's grabbing an established vet in the offseason or drafting a guy early. He needs to feel the pressure to reach his potential and you do that in any business through the realm of competition.

Armanti would take his job like Russell Wilson took Matt Flynn! :crazysmile:

#114 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

I couldn't prove anything to you dumbfugs even though it's already proven because you would probably let your wife fug Cam and then ask for his autograph.

keep on posting. you're definitely proving your level of ignorance.

#115 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

keep on posting. you're definitely proving your level of ignorance.

You're just saying that cause it hurt your feelings.

Once again Rayzor...you been on my shyte ever since I posted the fire Hurney petition...and guess what...........it happened. I guess I'm the idiot.

#116 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Honestly, it's not a terrible plan, but it's not because Cam suck, it's because every player needs competition. Competition brings out the best in everyone.

Do I want him to be like Sanchez and be all like, "NAH MAN, The Golden Calf of Bristol'S MY BFF. WE GOT DIS"? fug no.

I want him to say that, "The Panthers brought in player X to push me? Fine. They'll see the best QB play they've ever seen. No one is taking my job."

I never said cut the guy. So I agree. He has a lot of the physical tools. He just hasn't been pushed and hasn't had to fight for his spot. My original post says as much......just challenge him.....don't hand him the keys regardless of how he plays just because he's Cam Newton.

#117 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I guess I'm the idiot.

now we agree.

#118 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

now we agree.

Thanks for agreeing with me that your sad that I'm right. I'm kind of sad though because life is better when you have an adversary.

#119 albiechaser

albiechaser

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Some good stuff here, Cam is still a boy in a mans body, he needs help/time, might need to get laid, lol or maybe pretty boy needs to pack some fudge, if he's gay, (just kidding)
I dont see him as being a quick thinker now when the pressure builds, he's to predicable, nice to see him run, but in time he's gonna get blasted big time, the mans got so much talent, no dout in a few years he'll be great, just needs time to develop.
anyone got Joe Montanas phone number, If I was JR I would offer a million to Joe or another great QB and come teach/mentor this kid, not sure if he would even listen because he seems tobe full of himself, and most masters/teachers hate know it alls,

funny thing is I feel we're going to blow the bears out this sunday lol

#120 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

lol....

Cam just needs a team and coaching staff around him. Nothing more. Carolina has implemented the textbook blueprint for what you don't do to a young QB.

Cam surprisingly has had us in almost every game of his career despite it.

Someone on this board with some real insight who isn't afraid to speak up.

From day one, I've gotten the impress that the Panther fans are in DEEP denial of their team. If we can only find the right coach. If we can only find the right QB. You want everyone to come in and change the culture of your team but guess what? The culture of your team is control by those who have been there longer. If their immaturity is strong and controling the mindset of this team will follow, and Cam cannot change that. Especially when he's always been hammered because you're afraid to call out the real team leaders. .

The undisciplined mindset of this team seem to be much stronger than someone like Cam to break and I believe many of you know it but you rather continue sitting indenial and hoping every new QB will come along and save this team.

I read a thread that is now questioning and comparing Cam's leadership to another QB that was beloved, what else is new. The question that doesn't get asked is, what was the culture of this team when that QB was here? Who were the leaders and vets before him? How long before he stepped into the role of a leader? All that could have contributed to him becoming the leader that he was.

I'm sure somewhere, Fox is laughing his ass off at this team and and fans because you still don't seem to get it. Blaming others will not solve the immature culture of this team if there is someone is controling the mindset of the team by his own behavior and I have a feeling I know who that person is.

In all honesty, there doesn't seem to be any real leaders. Just vets with titles and ego issues. There seem to be way to much selfishness and the most selfish of them is your receiver, Smitty. He seems to never take responsibility for his own actions on the field and only seem to like to using his role as a captian to chew out his QBs when they don't give him the ball. it seems you folks spoil him and he's untouchable.

There just seem to be a very unhealthy mindset on this team and it's not Cam. No matter how much the media want to scape-goat him with some of you joining in at every turn because you'r so denial of this team.

Look at the Bengals now. That team was on top of their game. Then some players came on and after awhile, projected their attitude unto the rest of the players that created a bad culture. Funny how the media called those receivers out and got rid of them. Now the team is doing much better. But the media for some ego-driven reason, hate Cam and is always singling him out instead of demanding more from the rest of this team, espcially the vets, like they do with the teams their more chosen QBs are on.

Demanding so much from Cam while ignoring the real issues of this team is not going to fix the problem. You must call out your real leaders and demand they get rid of the player or players who is creating a culture that is killing this team. I have a funny feeling why many of you won't call out the vets on this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.