Photo
- - - - -

Jaws recognizes how bad our playcalling is...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

If you can't see Chud's aweful playcalling you need to take the blinders off. Who else's fault would our offensive playcalilng be on? The waterboy?

there has been some bad play calling. I see it. I see it in every game I watch. The large glaring factor behind calling bad plays is when the plays don't work. Like when the O-line gets blown up 75% of the snaps, a QB cannot hit a moving target, and false starts put is 3rd and long on drives where we are actually inching forward. Then of course there is the fact that opposing defenses are largely fresh because our D cannot tackle very well (looked a BIT better on Sunday). PLUS. And I really think this is big. Our play book is designed around an "it" factor attached to a college player who does not fit well in a pro style offense thereby limiting our offensive approach and pigeon-holing us in a "gimmick" offense until the kid matures.

Like I said I don't see any one source behind this failure. There are many and playcalling is one of the many. If the plays were working though, nobody would say a word.

#17 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

I am really interested to see how we look against the Redskins because what they have done would be something that could work probably better for Cam than it has worked for RG3

Start from scratch, run a west coast type offense mixed in with hybrid packages and on d, move to a LeBeau-esque 3-4

Get new personel to do so and this time seems more opportune than any right now if we want to

#18 Matt Barkley

Matt Barkley

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

The Truth is Cam can't run a real Offense so Chud has to dumb down the Playbook so Cam can get it which is the reason yall will never make the playoffs with Cam cause he just not a Bright Guy.

#19 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

The Truth is Cam can't run a real Offense so Chud has to dumb down the Playbook so Cam can get it which is the reason yall will never make the playoffs with Cam cause he just not a Bright Guy.

Like the top 10 offense he ran last year?

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

I am really interested to see how we look against the Redskins because what they have done would be something that could work probably better for Cam than it has worked for RG3

Start from scratch, run a west coast type offense mixed in with hybrid packages and on d, move to a LeBeau-esque 3-4

Get new personel to do so and this time seems more opportune than any right now if we want to

I dont think cam would be any good at runnig a west coast. He has serious accuracy issues with short passes... We are set up to run a play-action style offense and cam is perfect for it. We dont need to reinvent the wheel here.

#21 Matt Barkley

Matt Barkley

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Like the top 10 offense he ran last year?

Defenses did'n have film on him last year and caught off guard now they have tape on him he finished.

#22 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I dont think cam would be any good at runnig a west coast. He has serious accuracy issues with short passes... We are set up to run a play-action style offense and cam is perfect for it. We dont need to reinvent the wheel here.

I'm just spitballin' :)

I do think moving the a LeBeau 3-4 would be smart if we're getting rid of a lot of guys. Might as well given the offenses we have to face

#23 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

While he didn't go far enough by any means, I did recognize a few changes this week by Chud. There was a greater reliance on short throws and YAC, and Cam was generally accurate on those shorter throws. If we continue to work on this it will help tremendously and eventually open up the deep routes again.

Now, about that running game...

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,957 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Says Cam isn't going through a sophmore slump. He is just growing. Just said the Panthers need to get back to a pro style offense and utilize the running game. Doing this will allow us to use the play action pass.

That's just paraphrasing, but he is correct on all he said. If he can see it, why can't Chud?

That is exactly what we should do. Let Cam develop in a real offense. If he fails at it (which I don't think he will), at least you know that he was not a franchise QB. Playing in this Mickey Mouse gimmick offense does not help him develop and won't work long term anyway.

Give him the few years that it takes to truly develop in a legit offense.

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,957 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Defenses did'n have film on him last year and caught off guard now they have tape on him he finished.

Unlike most USC QB's who never even get started in the NFL.

#26 ncsfinest21

ncsfinest21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Chud is good but the only reason they put in the read option was because of the lockout last year. Shortened training camp means we had to make plays cam could really do well with and we made the playbook suitable for Cam. This year and a full training camp teams figured how to defend it and shut it down. Chud should have changed the playbook and used the read option as a audible if the defense was set to where it would succeed. They need to go back to I formation and Singleback formations. Jaws is right. Read Option has plagued Dwills ability to cut back and made him a one dimensional back.

#27 ncsfinest21

ncsfinest21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

More curl routes and giving cam an extra option on deep throws like having deangelo flank out the backfield in the middle will solve it and getting back to I formation and singleback formations and if the defense is set in a formation that the read option can work audible that sh*t and run the read option.

#28 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,346 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Anyone who actually watches the Panthers play or watches tape, will be saying the same thing. Unfortunately many in the media don't and just watch wins/losses and stats, thus the "sophomore slump" narrative.

#29 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,910 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

what did teeth and chin have to say?

#30 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Jaws tells it like it us!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.