Photo
- - - - -

The case for Marc Ross (of the New York Giants)

PanthersGM

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

For the rest of the season there will be 1,000,001 threads (or maybe they'll be merged this one) about our next GM. Well I did some digging on Marc Ross who I've been enamored with for quite some time (pause). And he's only 39 by the way (if my math is correct, which it often is not)

I'm recommending this article for you all that was written in the New York Post earlier this year after the Giants 2nd Super Bowl win in the last 5 years.

INDIANAPOLIS — Marc Ross has interviewed for general manager positions with the Seahawks, the Colts and the Bears. He has not landed any of those jobs, a fact which doesn’t exactly upset the Giants, who still employ Ross as their director of college scouting.

“Selfishly, we’re happy he’s staying with us,” Giants GM Jerry Reese said, “but I think some people missed out on a great opportunity for a very good GM candidate with Marc Ross.”

Ross has overseen the Giants’ draft since 2008, and has secured the likes of Jason Pierre-Paul and Hakeem Nicks, for starters, along with Mario Manningham, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Linval Joseph, Will Beatty, Jonathan Goff and Jacquian Williams. By the way, those are just some of Ross’ picks — and all of this is in just the past four drafts.

http://www.nypost.co...7VrU6C2XvtKBSoO

Earlier this year when the Bears were looking for a new GM, the Chicago Sun-Times had to say of Ross:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants have 10 players on injured reserve, including two starters from 2010....

...But the Giants have a deep, talented roster, and they showed it off Sunday in a 24-2 victory over the Atlanta Falcons at MetLife Stadium.

As the Bears search for a general manager to replace Jerry Angelo, they can't have Giants GM Jerry Reese. But as they research candidates, they should spend some time considering Marc Ross, the team's college scouting director.

"He's a veteran personnel guy, and he's been around two or three different clubs, so he's seen how things are done differently at different places," Reese said Ross. "And he's smart. He's a people person, a terrific evaluator, and he's qualified."

http://blogs.suntime...c_ross_of_.html

For all of his draft picks look 2008 and later: http://www.pro-footb...s/nyg/draft.htm

I'm not as extensive as Mr. Scot of whom I assume (and hope) will profile everyone like he did for the coaches a 2 years ago. Right Mr. Scot?

#2 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

I would actually love to be built like the Giants and I think that would suit most of our current talent pretty well.

#3 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

I want someone from the Steelers lol

#4 beach

beach

geaux!!

• HUDDLER
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Let's do a mix of Giants & Steelers

Marc Ross for GM and Keith Butler for HC w/ Bill Cowher in a Consulting type role

Boom! ok I'm done fantasizing

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,981 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

You can not argue with the Giants success on the field.
Dont recall I've ever seen then go #1 at the running back position 2 times in a 3 year period either.
Or linebacker for that reason.
Frick Hurney is a bumbling idiot.

#6 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,267 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

good call.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,736 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

i'd be excited

#9 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

That would be fine with me as well.

#10 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Smart guy, great org. He's an up incomer who will be a force in the NFL when given a chance.

jmo

That being said i feel he's a great judge of talent but how is he with contracts/numbers? Thats the big unknown.

Just saying.

#11 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm all in on this guy for GM, which probably means Jerry will promote from within and we will suck for another 10 years :(

#12 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

We need anyone who looks for toughness and knows how to evaluate talent..and then utilize it correctly

#13 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,087 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I would be happy if he was hired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.