Comparing Cameron To Past Greats

Quarterbacks

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_coltboy19_*

Guest_coltboy19_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Let me preface my remarks. I am a lifelong fan of the NFL. I was a confirmed fan of the Baltimore Colts before i started elementary school. I remember vividly watching the Colts, in black and white, with my dad, and my big brother, right here in charlotte. In 1964, when i was eight, my colts lost the NFL championship to the Browns, i think the final was 27-13. I went outside at haltime and said a prayer. It was ignored, but we lived to play another day. As a lifelong Colts fan i have been fortunate to see my team appear in four super bowls, winning two. I have also been blessed to see every super bowl. I was 11 when the Packers beat the Chiefs in 1967 in the first super bowl. I have celebrated many great wins, and suffered through many heartbreaking defeats. As a lifelong fan of the league, i have seen all of the great quarterbacks, with the exception of Sammy Baugh, and Norm VanBrocklin. Allow me to name a few. UNITAS, JORGENSON, STARR, STABAUCH, TARKINGTON, BRADSHAW, STABLER, MOON, AIKMAN, ELWAY, MARINO, AND MANY GREAT MODERN DAY GREATS, INCLUDING ARCHIES TWO FINE SONS, PEYTON AND ELI. all of these great QBS possesed attributes that are common to great QBS. Leadership, accuracy, ability to put a team of their shoulders, making the great throw in crunch time when the chips are down, being loved and believed in by their mates, being able to work through tough times, keeping their wits about them, so doubt never invaded, among other intangibles. i have observed CAMERON for two years, and i cant see any of those attributes in him. in fact, i see the opposite. i didnt like him as a pro, as many knowledgeable personnel people didnt. i think what we are seeing is the beginning of the end.

#2 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

lol who prays to their gods for their nfl team to win???? besides The Golden Calf of Bristol ofcourse

#3 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

The block paragraph. Fear the block. Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.Fear the block.

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

lol who prays to their gods for their nfl team to win???? besides The Golden Calf of Bristol ofcourse

I pray for a win every week... And there's nothing wrong with it either

#5 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,834 posts

So that guy who broke multiple rookie quarterback records has nothing to bring to the table?

#6 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,599 posts

You clearly don't remember a young Peyton he was god awful

#7 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

looks like those prayers fall on deaf ears there buddy. try something else

#8 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

The enter key is your friend.

Out of all those players you just listed how many of them took time before they developed into leaders? Cameron is a 23 year old kid, if he acts like this in 3 years then worry should set in.

Give the kid some fugging time.

#9 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Why does God hate you?

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Let me preface my remarks. I am a lifelong fan of the NFL. I was a confirmed fan of the Baltimore Colts before i started elementary school. I remember vividly watching the Colts, in black and white, with my dad, and my big brother, right here in charlotte. In 1964, when i was eight, my colts lost the NFL championship to the Browns, i think the final was 27-13. I went outside at haltime and said a prayer. It was ignored, but we lived to play another day. As a lifelong Colts fan i have been fortunate to see my team appear in four super bowls, winning two. I have also been blessed to see every super bowl. I was 11 when the Packers beat the Chiefs in 1967 in the first super bowl. I have celebrated many great wins, and suffered through many heartbreaking defeats. As a lifelong fan of the league, i have seen all of the great quarterbacks, with the exception of Sammy Baugh, and Norm VanBrocklin. Allow me to name a few. UNITAS, JORGENSON, STARR, STABAUCH, TARKINGTON, BRADSHAW, STABLER, MOON, AIKMAN, ELWAY, MARINO, AND MANY GREAT MODERN DAY GREATS, INCLUDING ARCHIES TWO FINE SONS, PEYTON AND ELI. all of these great QBS possesed attributes that are common to great QBS. Leadership, accuracy, ability to put a team of their shoulders, making the great throw in crunch time when the chips are down, being loved and believed in by their mates, being able to work through tough times, keeping their wits about them, so doubt never invaded, among other intangibles. i have observed CAMERON for two years, and i cant see any of those attributes in him. in fact, i see the opposite. i didnt like him as a pro, as many knowledgeable personnel people didnt. i think what we are seeing is the beginning of the end.

I think you need to look at the rookie and sophomore years of some of those greats before you make moronic statements like you just did. Oh yea....FEAR THE BLOCK!!!

#11 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,909 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

You clearly don't remember a young Peyton he was god awful

yep 43 interceptions in his first two seasons

also AIKMAN (emphasis the colts guy's) was absolutely terrible in his first two years. 20 TDs and 36 INTs. Finally threw more TDs than INTs in year 3.

#12 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Allow me to name a few. UNITAS, JORGENSON, STARR, STABAUCH, TARKINGTON, BRADSHAW, STABLER, MOON, AIKMAN, ELWAY, MARINO, AND MANY GREAT MODERN DAY GREATS, INCLUDING ARCHIES TWO FINE SONS, PEYTON AND ELI. all of these great QBS possesed attributes that are common to great QBS. Leadership, accuracy, ability to put a team of their shoulders, making the great throw in crunch time when the chips are down, being loved and believed in by their mates, being able to work through tough times, keeping their wits about them, so doubt never invaded, among other intangibles.

& All of those QBs showed you all of that halfway through their 2nd season? Every game? Most games? Some games?

#13 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Three national titles in three years at three different schools. Down 24-0 in Tuscaloosa and leads his team back in an environment far tougher than anything he will EVER see in the NFL. Greatest rookie season of any player in any sport according to the Guinness Book of World Records. Physical attributes that have never been seen and are NOT going away. Only 23 years old. Beginning of the end my @$$.

#14 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Out of all those QB's, how many of them were doing the things you listed in their first season and half?

#15 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Peyton is one classy gentleman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com