Photo
- - - - -

Can Matt Stafford be fixed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#46 antame

antame

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Or Roethlisberger, for that matter. He never made headlines.

#47 antame

antame

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

That generally involved on-field behavior.

They are using his off-field and postgame quotes to the point that they ignore his on-field performance, good or bad. They're trying to link his off-field behavior, which isn't incomprehensible to begin with, to bad on-field performance, when his on-field performance hasn't been that bad... Definitely not bad enough to justify Vince Young parallels. Yet, they're trying to fate him into that. They've completely flooded every source of media with bad stories about Cam as a person that it has begun to sway people into believing his play is bad as well.

It pisses me off.

I disagree, for instance I think Cutler's off field behavior/comments are MUCH more scrutinized than his play.

Look, let's just root for Cam to pull it together.

#48 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Both the lions and the Rams have sucked for so long, the press really doesn't expect much out of them. It's News when they win or play well. Otherwise, when they loose, it's Business as usual.

Buffalo was like that until last year. Now the press disects every game of the Bills. Chiefs as well. Chiefs sit Cassel like they did yesterday, and it makes headlines! (Especially when they sit him for Brady Quinn!) That would be like sitting Newton and starting Clausen! (Hang onto the Clausen Jersey guys!)

#49 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Oh, another thread designed to bitch about people being too hard on Cam. YAY!

I have never once in my tenure here seen you post anything that resembled a relevant opinion on anything. Just sayin...