Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Harrison's Child Taken To Hospital After Dog Bite

81 posts in this topic

Posted

pitts are great dogs.

but i wont own another one until my youngest is lot bigger.

stats dont lie. Pitt's do poo like this all the time.

not in my house..

Posted

Rumor is we're trading Peppers for Harrison and his dog.

Oh, that makes perfect sense then.

We aren't packaging Dehomme too for some draft picks?

Posted

I bet if the dog hadn't bit anybody this wouldn't have been news.

Posted

Why is this in the Panther's Forum?

So you would ask that. :D

Posted

Uh, I bet you're right.

I bet if the Craigslist Killer didn't murder anybody, that wouldn't have been news either.

Posted

brilliant.jpg

Posted

Oh, that makes perfect sense then.

We aren't packaging Dehomme too for some draft picks?

Again, just rumor, but I heard Delhomme's name came up in a three-way trade involving a bag of Alpo and Brady Quinn.

Stay tuned for details.

Posted

Uh, I bet you're right.

I bet if the Craigslist Killer didn't murder anybody, that wouldn't have been news either.

Yeah, but they didn't invite the Craigslist killer to the Whitehouse either. If you want to see the Craiglist killer, you should invite him before he kills anybody.

Posted

Make it a bag of Nutro Premium and they have a deal.

Posted

Harrison's dog is a better tackler than Kurt Warner.

Posted

pit bulls are bred to fight. it's in their DNA and only certain people should own them and those are people that are well trained to handle pits. they aren't just like any dog. if you are trying to say they are then you are very misled.

they can be nice and they can be safe but they are far from being guaranteed to be so. they are one of a few breeds of dogs who have in their nature be aggressive. even in their play they are aggressive and it's difficult for them to distinguish between the two.

they are highly sought after and used in dog fighting for a reason...they have a killer instinct and they are incredibly powerful. the good owner will know this and will try and get the dog to overcome instinct and will also be aware of those moments when they could go off and will make sure they don't.

pits have to be trained and the owners have to be trained to take care of them. there are other aggressive dogs that i wouldn't trust my children around, especially in certain situations. rottweillers, i wouldn't want strangers or new people coming to my house without them being introduced to the dog by me. huskies, i wouldn't want them to eat while my child is around or nearby. chows...they can be very aggressive and are probably more aggressive than a lot of breeds.

point is, you have to know your dog and it's breed's tendencies. with pit bulls, because of how much damage it can do whether playing or attacking, the owners need to know exactly how to handle them and monitor them closely when small kids are around. if you expect them to be a marshmallow dog like a collie without proper training, you are making a mistake.

Posted

yup- its like having a lion for a house cat and them wondering why it wants to eat your ass one day...

ask sigfred and roy how that worked out..