Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Next GM

160 posts in this topic

Jerry is going after another journalist......drumroll..................................

here comes Chris Chase!!!!!

Let's be honest here... It's very likely the guy we hire to be GM will be someone nobody here has ever heard of before.

Let's be honest here... It's very likely the guy we hire to be GM will be someone nobody here has ever heard of before.

Doesn't mean its a bad thing. Most front office guys don't get their names in headlines.

Marc Ross would be a no name candidate to average fans.

our next GM will be GM/HC

I highly doubt that.

I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure if we did that we'd be the only team in the NFL using that model right now.

Pretty much everyone else has abandoned that approach. And with good reason: it doesn't work.

May want to consider this. It's actually possible that Richardson could go back to be 'two-headed GM' approach he preferred before (one evaluator, one administrator) rather than keeping the power consolidated under one guy. That's something I plan to take a look at later.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the 'full control' option is off the table, but we'll see.

I thought Shanahan and Belichick were both in full control of player personel? Am I mistaken?

I thought Shanahan and Belichick were both in full control of player personel? Am I mistaken?

Belichick, yes...Shanahan, no...

Snyder handles the personnel decisions

Bruce Allen is the GM of the Redskins.

In Patriot Land, nobody has the official GM title. Caserio has the player personnel title, Floyd Reese is 'Senior Advisor' and Jon Kraft is team president. Looks to be a committee approach. You could rightly expect Belichick to have the most say in that committee though.

Pats may have somewhat given up on a traditional model since they've had some departures (Pioli, Dimitroff).

As much as i hate to say it, i think all you guys know Jrich will sign someone nobody has ever heard of.

Possible. In fairness though, 95% of this list is people most have never heard of.