• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

As much as i hate to say it, i think all you guys know Jrich will sign someone nobody has ever heard of.

And AGAIN, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Big name GMs and coaches aren't always the best. And in general you don't look through the headlines for a GM.

#42 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Still no Brian Gutekunst? :'(

#43 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• LocationMelfa
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

As NFL.com wrote. Hire Cowher and let him pick his GM.

#44 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

As NFL.com wrote. Hire Cowher and let him pick his GM.

Can we please just stop with the Cowher talk? Dude lives in NC, cool, I get it.

He has been out of the NFL for, what, 3-4 years now? The game has changed. Cowher would be in over his head in today's NFL.

Besides, Cowher probably wants to sit on his ass, pressure-free, and talk about football for an hour on Sunday rather than coach a team.

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Still no Brian Gutekunst? :'(

I'll check him out.

#46 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• LocationMelfa
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Can we please just stop with the Cowher talk? Dude lives in NC, cool, I get it.

He has been out of the NFL for, what, 3-4 years now? The game has changed. Cowher would be in over his head in today's NFL.

Besides, Cowher probably wants to sit on his ass, pressure-free, and talk about football for an hour on Sunday rather than coach a team.

While you may not like the idea. Cowher said he would be interested in coming back in the right situation. The formula that the Steelers employ now is basically the same has Cowher has when he was there. Being a head coach is more about being a good manager. Making right decisions and giving his team the best opportunity to win. Hiring a good OC and DC will prevent your so called Over his head.

#47 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

I wouldn't complain if we got him, but I'm not convinced he's some sort of amazing savior. The Steelers are one of the best run organizations in professional sports. Certainly he's a fine coach, but plenty of guys could have succeeded in the situation he was in. Anyone expecting him to rekindle that kind of success here would be in for a rude awakening.

#48 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yas has mentioned that he heard the Panthers are interested in someone who's currently employed by another team but has never been a GM. Who knows how solid his information is, but that could help narrow things down by eliminating former GMs (and, IMO, I think it eliminates DeCosta has he's an "assistant GM" and I think he was a pipe dream anyway).

#49 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yas has mentioned that he heard the Panthers are interested in someone who's currently employed by another team but has never been a GM. Who knows how solid his information is, but that could help narrow things down by eliminating former GMs (and, IMO, I think it eliminates DeCosta has he's an "assistant GM" and I think he was a pipe dream anyway).

Which brings up question. I'm pretty sure gm's can not take other jobs til their team is out of the playoffs. IIRC it isn't the same for people under them right?

#50 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Which brings up question. I'm pretty sure gm's can not take other jobs til their team is out of the playoffs. IIRC it isn't the same for people under them right?

Correct. If JR has someone in mind who's currently employed, we're going to have to wait until that team's season ends. And I might be assuming here, but I can't imagine it not being someone who's currently with a team that's on track to make the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users