159 replies to this topic

#51 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh NC
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm guessing if JR waits into the season is over he could be looking at Player personnel guys from the Packers, Giants, and etc.

#52 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I want Eric

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Added a video link and a little more info on DeCosta.

The video's worth viewing even though I think we have zero shot at DeCosta.

(I'd love to be wrong about that)

#54 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Beyond the Super Bowls, I just like the way the Giants have been built the past 4/5 seasons. That's why Abrams and Ross seem like very intriguing options.

I also like Will Lewis and who he's brought in out in Seattle.

Will Lewis left Seattle last offseason, but I also like how Seattle was built. That secondary is just sick good, they've got a nice pass rush, and they seem to be getting good production out of WR's that most weren't very high on (in fairness, that may be coaching more than talent evaluation). I'm not a huge Russell Wilson fan yet and think it's likely that they are looking for a QB again in a year or two, but it is still a well-built young team overall.

While Lewis may not be a legitimate candidate, if I were a talent evaluator, the Hawks are one of the teams I'd look at for benchmarking purposes.

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Will Lewis left Seattle last offseason, but I also like how Seattle was built. That secondary is just sick good, they've got a nice pass rush, and they seem to be getting good production out of WR's that most weren't very high on (in fairness, that may be coaching more than talent evaluation). I'm not a huge Russell Wilson fan yet and think it's likely that they are looking for a QB again in a year or two, but it is still a well-built young team overall.

While Lewis may not be a legitimate candidate, if I were a talent evaluator, the Hawks are one of the teams I'd look at for benchmarking purposes.

I want to find out more about that story. Only did a cursory search so far but wasn't able to find much in the way of real info as to why he left.Some speculation that the addition of Scot McCloughan made him redundant, but that's about it.

#56 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I want to find out more about that story. Only did a cursory search so far but wasn't able to find much in the way of real info as to why he left.Some speculation that the addition of Scot McCloughan made him redundant, but that's about it.

yeah that's definitely interesting. I had no idea he left

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Had to chuckle a little: In the video, Eric DeCosta admits he reads draft previews and checks out mock drafts.

Marty Hurney once made a point of saying he didn't need to look at stuff like that :lol:

#58 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

The more I read about all of these potential candidates for GM that you have listed Mr Scot, the more I like Tom Gamble of the 49ers. Gamble has Carolina ties having been a scout for the team and also the Eagles, Ravens, Jets, and Colts. He is also a local guy being a High Point U. alum.

#59 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I was just watching the NFL network and saw a former GM that had that job for 16 years.

I think we can all agree on him.

Charlie Casserly should not be considered under any circumstances.

#60 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

I was just watching the NFL network and saw a former GM that had that job for 16 years.

I think we can all agree on him.

Charlie Casserly should not be considered under any circumstances.

Yeah, Casserly's not on my list of potential GMs.

Wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him considered for the consultant role though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users