mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

No excuse for that this year.

We have a head start on everybody.

Honestly I was afraid we wouldn't even have a consultant hired before the very end of the season. Thankfully I was wrong about that.

Since Accorsi's entire function will be to assess the organization and make recommendations, and we brought him in relatively quickly, I'm not really as afraid that we'll dick around and not make a decision until it's too late any longer.

The thought is still hanging around in the back of my mind but I'm far less concerned about it than I was.

#77 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Honestly I was afraid we wouldn't even have a consultant hired before the very end of the season. Thankfully I was wrong about that.

Since Accorsi's entire function will be to assess the organization and make recommendations, and we brought him in relatively quickly, I'm not really as afraid that we'll dick around and not make a decision until it's too late any longer.

The thought is still hanging around in the back of my mind but I'm far less concerned about it than I was.

I was extremely relieved when the news of the Accorsi hire broke, not just that it was done but for who it was. Have a lot more confidence now that this thing gets done right.

From what I understand, Accorsi will not just be looking at GM candidates, but looking at the organization as a whole and suggesting changes. My hope is that he suggests plenty.

#78 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Weird little oddity I found.

Searching for photos of Omar Khan online (next profile I have planned) found some photos misidentifying Steelers GM Kevin Colbert as Khan. Weird in that the two look pretty much nothing alike.

The main source for the error appears to be Bleacher Report.

#79 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Absolutely right. The day the season is over we should have our interviews set up and a decision within a few days after.

Agreed they should move quickly. Especially given that there's likely to be competition for whomever they target.

(would have responded to this post sooner but missed it last night; sorry)

#80 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hey scot you should do a profile soon for Dave Gettleman, pro personnel guy for the giants,

http://wp.me/p14QSB-6oNh

[q]As Gantt pointed out several days ago, the Panthers have hired former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi to help find the franchise’s next General Manager.

The decision that Accorsi makes will resonate through the organization, both now and in the future.

Some think Accorsi will push Giants executive Dave Gettleman for the job, given their past working relationship in New York. Another source believes Accorsi will set aside his relationships and recommend the person whom Accorsi views as best suited for the job, given its specific dynamics and requirements.[/q]

I know it's purely speculation but he still seems like an interesting(and qualified) candidate

#81 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hey scot you should do a profile soon for Dave Gettleman, pro personnel guy for the giants,

As Gantt pointed out several days ago, the Panthers have hired former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi to help find the franchise’s next General Manager.

The decision that Accorsi makes will resonate through the organization, both now and in the future.

Some think Accorsi will push Giants executive Dave Gettleman for the job, given their past working relationship in New York. Another source believes Accorsi will set aside his relationships and recommend the person whom Accorsi views as best suited for the job, given its specific dynamics and requirements.

I know it's purely speculation but he still seems like an interesting(and qualified) candidate

#82 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

[q]As Gantt pointed out several days ago, the Panthers have hired former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi to help find the franchise’s next General Manager.

Some think Accorsi will push Giants executive Dave Gettleman for the job, given their past working relationship in New York. Another source believes Accorsi will set aside his relationships and recommend the person whom Accorsi views as best suited for the job, given its specific dynamics and requirements.[/b]

Yeah, just read that. I may research him next rather than Khan.

#83 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Sh*t double post my bad I hate the mobile version of the huddle lol, but yeah he might be a better option than Ross IMO but we'll see

#84 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Sh*t double post my bad I hate the mobile version of the huddle lol, but yeah he might be a better option than Ross IMO but we'll see

I tend to favor college scouting guys over pro personnel guys, but yeah, he'd have a shot as well.

#85 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Joe Person for GM

Dosen't he own the Bobcats? No thats another guy.. A basketball man or something..

#86 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I tend to favor college scouting guys over pro personnel guys, but yeah, he'd have a shot as well.

I agree with you on this. Dave Gettleman seems like he can be a good prospect but being Senior Pro Personnel he doesn't even travel with the scout team anymore. His job duties is to grade scout team practice guys and unrestricted free agents. I kind of want someone who scouts college guys well.

#87 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Dave Gettleman bio from the Giants site

Dave Gettleman is in his 25th season in the NFL, his 15th with the Giants and his first as Senior Pro Personnel Analyst. He spent the previous 13 years as the Director of Pro Personnel. Gettleman joined the Giants in the spring of 1998 as then-director Tim Rooney’s assistant. He was promoted to Pro Personnel Director in the spring of 1999 upon Rooney’s retirement.
Gettleman has been a part of six Super Bowl teams, including three winners. He was with Buffalo in 1990 and 1991, Denver in 1997 and the Giants in 2000, 2007 and 2011. The Broncos and the 2007 and 2011 Giants both won the championship. Gettleman has been associated with 13 playoff teams in his NFL career.

http://www.giants.co...35-aecea77aa9cb

#88 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Sounds like a winner but I like my GMs to be from networks... im hiring Michael Lombardi.

Curious real question... Will the next GM get a three year pass or will the huddle want to fire.com him after halftime of Game1 of preseason?

#89 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I want a great talent evaluator either way. Someone who would bring in a successful OC for coach would also be ideal. I'm tired of being behind the rest of the league schematically. We need some legit coaching that our guys will respect.

#90 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

I want a great talent evaluator either way. Someone who would bring in a successful OC for coach would also be ideal. I'm tired of being behind the rest of the league schematically. We need some legit coaching that our guys will respect.

The only way to get that coaching is to bring guys in with strong personalities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com