• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#121 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Say we hire Abrams or Ross. What would be your thoughts if he brings in another former DC as HC in Perry Fewell?

#122 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Say we hire Abrams or Ross. What would be your thoughts if he brings in another former DC as HC in Perry Fewell?

honestly i'd be disappointed in a "oh crap. here we go again. we are the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again hoping for different results" kind of way.

i'd be slightly more open to it, though, because of having new blood @ GM.

#123 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

David Gettleman is about 10 years too old for the job in my opinion.

#124 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I couldn't deal with it. I might just commit suicide.

#125 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I have no problem hiring a defensive coach as a HC. To me what makes a HC good is not necessarily their specific expertise in the game but their management, game planning, delegation, and situational football acumen.

If you look around the league you will see that there is very little to no correlation that shows a defensive coach inhibits an offense. 4 of the top 5 offenses are lead by defensive coaches.

That being said I don't see an older guy like Fewell getting a look here or anywhere. I think they look for some young blood.

#126 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Marc Ross has been getting the interviews, very curious as to why he hasn't landed a job to this point. Im very intrigued and curious.

#127 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I have no problem hiring a defensive coach as a HC. To me what makes a HC good is not necessarily their specific expertise in the game but their management, game planning, delegation, and institutional football acumen.

If you look around the league you will see that there is very little to no correlation that shows a defensive coach inhibits an offense. 4 of the top 5 offenses are lead by defensive coaches.

That being said I don't see an older guy like Fewell getting a look here or anywhere. I think they look for some young blood.

just what i've seen and strictly my opinion which almost counts for as much as a bowl of ramen noodle soup, defensive coaches have a tendency to play soft, ball control football where offensive coaches seem to be more aggressive in their playcalling/game managing. of course there are tons of exceptions either way.

it's more just a preference here. i'd rather have someone more aggressive and progressive in the way they coach and have a game run.

#128 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I asked rosinski on twitter if one of them was ross and to no surprise he said "yes that would be correct"

#129 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I asked rosinski on twitter if one of them was ross and to no surprise he said "yes that would be correct"

That doesn't surprise me at all. I figure at least one of the guys would be Ross and i'm guessing the second guy will be Kevin Abrams. I think the list will get a little bit longer. Omar Khan maybe a guy to watch also.

#130 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Soo, now that we have the GM position taken care of. I feel a lot better. Wonder if he will keep Rivera? I am hopeful he can do enough to keep his job. Chud is in the danger zone however. Iffy on whether I would keep him. McDerp is staying if Rivera stays. So we are almost set coaching wise.

Well, that takes care of the FO and coaching staff. Now let's get started on the draft.

#131 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,124 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Marc Ross has been getting the interviews, very curious as to why he hasn't landed a job to this point. Im very intrigued and curious.

Sounds familiar.

Most of us (myself included) made excuses for why Rivera interviewed 5 times without being hired. Turns out he probably just gave them the "Rivera face" for the whole interview.

#132 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Soo, now that we have the GM position taken care of. I feel a lot better. Wonder if he will keep Rivera? I am hopeful he can do enough to keep his job. Chud is in the danger zone however. Iffy on whether I would keep him. McDerp is staying if Rivera stays. So we are almost set coaching wise.

Well, that takes care of the FO and coaching staff. Now let's get started on the draft.

Rivera, I do not want. He needs to go. If you are going to bring in a new GM then you need to bring in a new coaching staff. If not this will be 2010 all over again.

#133 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Did I miss something? Thought we just got the guy, that will find our new GM.

#134 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Rivera, I do not want. He needs to go. If you are going to bring in a new GM then you need to bring in a new coaching staff. If not this will be 2010 all over again.

my thinking as well. it's not what i prefer, but i think ultimately it's best to start over there as well.

#135 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

it's not taken care of.

the team hired a consultant to help with the hire. that's as far as it's gotten and probably about as far as it's going to get until the season ends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com